• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] [ROM] Voltron OC Based on the Public Mobile B07. Now with network fix!!!!

smartmanvartan

Android Expert
Sep 28, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Hello Public Mobile N860 owners...
I present to you Voltron OC BETA:
shot_000004.png
shot_000006.png
shot_000008.png
shot_000010.png
shot_000011.png
shot_000012.png
shot_000014.png
shot_000020.png
shot_000021.png
shot_000022.png
shot_000004.png

Screenshots:

Flickr: smartmanvartan's Photostream

Features:
-ADW Launcher
-swap enabled
-app2sd
-busybox
-zipaligned
-loopy smoothness tweak
-rooted
-stock tether(wifi hotspot and usb)
-Flashlight and flashlight widget
-A light system with a very complete set of apps installed as user data
-OVERCLOCKED with Glitch OC Kernel @ 1.8ghz By Downthemachine with a tweaked ramdisk by yours truly.
-TWRP Touche recovery ported by Hroark13 with file manager and terminal.
-Themed with the Voltron theme but i will be making more themes for this ROM once it is finished
-based on the Public Mobile B07 which is a newer build than Boost B08c.
-swipe and better keyboard are installed but must be activated in the language and keyboar menu in settings.
-need suggestions on a good camera app and I included the another music player( tell me which one you like)

Features to add:
-Quickpanel widget in drop down menu
-Super screenshot power menu with reboot recovery option
- A camera in the system, Have not decided on one yet, I'm open for suggestions... I have ics camera installed right now as a temp.
- Any bugs that may come about. So far this ROM is bug free

Here are the links:

*** If you have missed calls and delayed text due to the bug that occurs when screen is turned off, flash the B08 firmware but use a B07 ROM. Seems that a new bug is present with similar symptoms in the new B08 ROM, however the included firmware does effectivly fix the issue if you use the B07 system. so I have made this B08 firmware flashable for you folks... Just wipe cache/dalvik and flash with TWRP or CWM...

pmi_b08_firmware - Download - 4shared

Voltron OC Rom: pmi_n860_b07_voltron_oc_beta4_2 - Download - 4shared

If this is the firt time you install the Voltron rom on you N860, wipe everything before installing this rom. Dalvik and factory/reset(data and cache). If you are updating from a previous version only the dalvik cache and cache wipe is needed.

SMV App Pack: SMV_App_Pack - Download - 4shared

Factory Reset Flashable(use this to perform a factory reset): voltron_factory_reset - Download - 4shared

Kernels:

Glitch OC V1.2 @ 1.7 Ghz: pmi_glitch_ocv1.2_1.7ghz_smv_mod - Download - 4shared

Glitch V1.13 @ 1 Ghz: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv2k0ghvxl21y7k/PMI_Glitch_non_oc_v1.1.3_SMV_Mod.zip

**If you dont like the awesome TWRP recovery, you can flash back to CWM with the installer in the bottom of the OP on this tread:

http://androidforums.com/public-mob.../630553-how-flash-recovery-pmi_n860-warp.html

***The tether menu although unlocked is still hidden. To access it make a shortcut on the ADW launcher by longpressing on one screen and go to the "add" tab and selecting custom shortcuts and go-to pick activity->activities->settings->settings(tether settings) and Bam! A nice little shortcut for tethering. :)

****The first boot takes about 4-5 min.. be patient its only for the first boot...

Special Thanks:
Hroark13 (for porting an awesome recovery and his work on the Kernel source) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32358441#post32358441
Downthemachine (for putting up with my annoying questions and making awesome kernels)
Dm47021 (For making the Alien kernel)
Dsixda(For the kitchen that does it all)
MrBobo (For putting up with my questions))
Shinru2004 (for showing me some good examples)
Jetx2x(for the same reason)
And You the user :)

Enjoy!

till now seems to be a perfect rom
btw best animation boot EVER EVER EVER AWESOME!!!!
DUDE U ROCK

ive laff sooot much

ps the romns is a litle heavy but we can remove almost everyting in

ya most of it is user data... it actually very light in the system... if you do a factory data reset you will be left with the bare minimum...

Upvote 0
ah sti j ai aps bien vue que ctais toi!!!
ah tu pensser essayer de faire ca mais avec warp cream?
j ai commencer des test.....
l application dois subitement fermer.....

ca marche ton roms mais moi g une batterie extended
pis messemble quelle draine en sale...j ai mis set cpu a 1024 =(
entk chte test ca -=)

ps faudrait trouver un vrai moyen de booster le 3g
peace out

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0
ah sti j ai aps bien vue que ctais toi!!!
ah tu pensser essayer de faire ca mais avec warp cream?
j ai commencer des test.....
l application dois subitement fermer.....

ca marche ton roms mais moi g une batterie extended
pis messemble quelle draine en sale...j ai mis set cpu a 1024 =(
entk chte test ca -=)

ps faudrait trouver un vrai moyen de booster le 3g
peace out

ma te r

Upvote 0
Wow good job on this one! I think this is the first Warp ROM that has complete functionality for Public Mobile at least... LED flashlight app works, 1.7ghz OC with scaling governor OK, Swap is enabled, and WIFI tethering in infrastructure mode is working great!!! (on the ZTE N762 the battery dies within 2 hours when tethering, on the N860 I've been tethered for 2 hours and battery still going strong, AWESOME!!!

Upvote 0
Man theming has never been my strong suit... I'm all about getting it working right and perfectly functional...the quicksettings menu and extended powermenu are still not in but i'm gonna upload a beta3 in a little bit with a workaround for now... also I'm thinking of changing launchers. I love the holo launcher options but it freezes and bugs up too much for my taste... anyone have a good launcher suggestion?.. might go back to the ADW launcher on the beta4

Upvote 0
Man theming has never been my strong suit... I'm all about getting it working right and perfectly functional...the quicksettings menu and extended powermenu are still not in but i'm gonna upload a beta3 in a little bit with a workaround for now... also I'm thinking of changing launchers. I love the holo launcher options but it freezes and bugs up too much for my taste... anyone have a good launcher suggestion?.. might go back to the ADW launcher on the beta4

check out this one, see if you like it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1557091
I wish I could help with theming but I am clueless. Guess there must be a how-to somewhere...

Upvote 0
So I'm uploading the Voltron OC BETA3 now the link will be up shortly...

1-I changed the apns-conf.xml, installed it just for a test and found that my mms sending to telus/koodo improved greatly... Any feed back would be great

2-I added the xperia home launcher and all its widgets (I'm touch and go on it)

3- still no quick settings and extended power menu but added rebooter apk and notification toggle as a work around you can set it up like i have it on the photo stream(shot 13 and 9) and it's a suitable workaround for the moment...

4- i changed the startup settings for the governer to ondemand 122-1708 and ill let you guys decide what you wanna do...

link will be up shortly...

link is up but last minute decision... i put adw launcher as the default launcher on this one... tell me what you think...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones