• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Public Mobile

So I got my replacement N861 and tried using junkies tool to flash my recovery and it wouldn't work either with the terminal or fastboot method. then i pulled the recoveries from the files folder and tried it with fastboot manually and it would send but not write... I was stumped at this point and tried switching usb cables, ports, rebooted my pc... and still no go. So then I got creative and in fastboot i used the fastboot boot c:\cwmt.img command and was able to boot into cwmt!!?? so I tried flashing the firmware partitions from my last N861 thinking that Public didn't like that I bricked the last phone they gave me in a day and locked the bootloader or something... and still could not for the life of me use junkies tool or adb or fastboot to flash my recovery... so then I got creative and made a very simple recovery flasher to be used with CWM and used the fastboot boot c:\cwmt.img command to boot back in to recovery... flashed it and then it worked... go figure... I wonder what it was...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I actually believe you because I never used the zte tool or the ota. Thanks for straightening me out ;)

changed the file name
Partition_Updater_B07.zip | by superr for Warp Sequent

Well it worked out great because you had the b07 bootloader in there, with the online upgrading tool, I was able to get the update package for the b09 release with all the files in their raw form (no patch) and b09 seems to be the latest available package with the online tool... for now... I'm updloading it now, it will be up in a few

Upvote 0
Well it worked out great because you had the b07 bootloader in there, with the online upgrading tool, I was able to get the update package for the b09 release with all the files in their raw form (no patch) and b09 seems to be the latest available package with the online tool... for now... I'm updloading it now, it will be up in a few

Sweet! Glad it helped :)

Upvote 0
Here is the Boost Mobile N861 B09 package.. Don't let the name fool you b21 is the internal version... I still don't know where all the mbn files go but will post up a complete list when i have it... the recovery.img and splash.img are there and the mbns are not in patch form...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lly6s14kn3xa52x/N861V1.0.0B21.zip

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Yup

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374971474000.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374971474000.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
I'm out and about... could you do me a favor and post a link to the apk....I'm gonna try it on my stock backup....

Here http://db.tt/VLrNzWeI its interesting cause it has no resources, like where the hell does it get Su file from and how do you get permission without having the super user app.

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones