1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Public WiFi Redirect to log in

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmegginson, Jun 18, 2011.

1. cmegginson

cmegginson Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Forgive me if this is a repeat post. I searched for hours to figure this out. I was unable to get my evo 4g 2.3 to log in to public wifi networks requiring an auto redirect to a log in or accept page. 1. Open your browser 2. enter about:debug into the address bar (note the spelling/spacing, I found a few different spellings/spacing versions, this is the correct one) after typing about:debug use the enter or go key (not the arrow or search button next to the window) 3. This will lockup your browser 4. push the menu key on the bottom of the phone (hard key) 5. You will get a different and longer options list 6. find UAS 7. select 8. pick the PC option 9. back out 10. reenter the about:debug command into the address window 11. You Are Done!!!!!! Open wifi login enjoy I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    I've had the same trouble in the past and wondered what was going on. I'lll keep this in mind and try it next time and let you know. I don't think it happens with all browsers though and I'm not sure which ones I was using at the time. We'll see if I can get it to happen again.

Tags: