1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pull tab?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Janitor, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Janitor

Janitor Newbie

Jul 16, 2010
    This may seem like a stupid question, but I just got my X and there's a pull tab inside the battery cover thats connected to something that says do not cut. I pulled lightly and it didn't come out. I just wanted to make sure that I'm supposed to rip it out or if I should leave it alone. Thanks.

Advertisement

jewbaccah likes this.
  2. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    That is how you pop out the battery. Don't cut it off.

3. Janitor

Janitor Newbie

Jul 16, 2010
    Haha good thing I decided to post here then. Thanks a lot!

4. BamaTide

BamaTide Newbie

Apr 23, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Yes, poor labeling by Motorola/Verizon. A lot of devices have a similar tab that you pull out before installing the battery. However, once I gave it a good tug and it didn't come out I realized that it was for quick battery release and not to be removed.

I wonder how many people have yanked it out?....that's what she said :D

5. JillyBean

JillyBean Newbie

Jul 16, 2010
    WV
    Okay...I guess I'm one of the dummies that didn't understand about the pull tab and I pulled that whole little piece of plastic out before I put my battery in :thinking:...Now I need someone to tell me how in the world I'm gonna get that battery out again! Don't tell me I've screwed it up already!!! :eek: Please tell me there's a way!

JillyBean

6. laurenita

laurenita Lurker

Jul 16, 2010
    yeah i did it, too. i feel so dumb... im quite sure that someone will come up with a pricey sticker for a replacement. sigh....

7. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    It's terrible labeling.

I wasn't sure what it was and decided to head to google where I found it's a tab to help eject the battery.

At first I thought it was one of those tabs you see when you get a watch or a toy and it's there to prevent the battery from draining. Glad I didn't yank that thing all the way out

8. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Android Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2010
    AZ
    I knew what it was for right away, just must be certain people. :p

9. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Air Force WSO
    Pensacola
    take a 2in long piece of scotch tape and fold it 3/4 of the way over on itself. Pry the battery out and stick the tape under the battery before you put it back in. Just leave enough of the tape sticking out to get at it again.

10. JillyBean

JillyBean Newbie

Jul 16, 2010
    WV
    Thanks for the idea about using tape. My husband and I, using all four hands, were able to get the battery out. Thankfully I hadn't thrown away the plastic thing I'd pulled out earlier and I was able to re-install it. Works fine now! Wheew!!

11. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    Ha! I pulled on it -- Hey, I saw "don't cut" not "don't rip off" -- but when it didn't come off easy, I leave it. As soon as I motioned to put the battery in, a light bulb went off. LOL!

12. jewbaccah

jewbaccah Lurker

Jul 18, 2010
    If I didn't have this plastic piece in for a few days and charge ups , did that negatively effect my phone or the battery? After I read this I was able to get the battery out and found the pull tab to put in