1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pulling my hair out - no sound galaxy s3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by weeble, Aug 18, 2012.

1. weeble

weeble Lurker

Hi, I have a very weird problem. When I first got my s3, it was fantastic, loved it, but the past month or so, it has been doing something very weird. It randomly loses sounds (triggered by incoming sms). It just vibrates. It will either freeze for about 10 seconds and reboot, or just freeze for 10 seconds, then the sound will come back.

Things I have tried (and yes, notifications are enabled on the pull down menu). Factory reset. Uninstalling one app at a time. Am using Launcher Pro and Handcent SMS....both were uninstalled rebooted and still problem persists.

Am thinking faulty handset but it seems to be very frustrating that it did work and now it's gone weird. Oh, and also, when it is on charge, it happens too..this is when I first noticed it...it would just vibrate. Any ideas???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Welcome to AF, weeble!:)

I have moved this thread into the S3 forum, so that the folks who use this phone can post their tips to help you with these issues.

weeble likes this.
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

If you already tried hard resetting it and tried it without any 3rd party apps, you might need to check your warranty and use that.

4. weeble

weeble Lurker

yep that was my last resort...it's only 2 months old. Was hoping someone else had similar problem. Thanks anyway

5. shellbell1471

shellbell1471 Newbie

Having same problems. Took it back to three but cos it's over 28 days they wouldn't swap it. Tried a factory reset thought it was fixed but getting earphones connected message again

6. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

This sounds like a hardware problem and not to unfamiliar to Samsung phones. My friend's Epic 4G lost sound completely one day. I'd say contact your carrier or insurance like Asurion and if they want to charge you for a replacement, contact Samsung directly because this is not your fault and most likely the fault of a faulty handset and you should still be covered under warranty through Samsung.

7. shellbell1471

shellbell1471 Newbie

Yeah I'll try that. Can't believe what tripe the store gave me! Started getting the earphone connected message again! Grrr

8. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

That's a shame. Hopefully you get it fixed. I was really hesitant to get a Samsung phone because of the common issues their phones have.

shellbell1471 likes this.
  9. shellbell1471

shellbell1471 Newbie

Thank you :). Apart from this issue, I love the phone. :eek:

10. TigerRussell

TigerRussell Guest

I had a problem with media starting and stopping, and no sound from youtube, although I had sound from ringtones, so I knew the physical speaker worked. After some research, I did a factory reset. No luck. I uninstalled all apps. No luck. So I did a 5 minute battery pull. No luck. Finally, I did an overnight battery pull = remove battery for 8 hours. Woke up, and assembled the battery to phone. My homescreen had 2 old icons that were right on right before I deleted the apps the night before. Maybe there is a buffer stack overflow in the droid deletion routine? (question for the devs). And so to continue, I started up my tunein radio and the sound and program work perfectly! Long story short, just try taking the battery out for 8 hours to fix your phone! ;-)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews