1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

pulling out stylus pulls up some program I don't want to use

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Luke Drillbrain, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Luke Drillbrain

I just got this Note 9. Previously, I had an iPhone 6 and before that a Note 4. So I'm just learning this thing. I've installed a chess app, and I wanted to play it with the stylus. So I turn on the chess app and then pull out the stylus, but it automatically pops up some program for the stylus. It has a bunch of choices like "smart select", "screen write", "penup", and others. I'm sure I'll learn what that stuff is at some point, but right now I just want to play the chess game with the stylus. I don't see any way to take this stylus program off the screen. Anyone know?

tommo47 likes this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by marctronixx, Mar 15, 2020 (4 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just tap anywhere on the screen other then the options given and it should take you to the homescreen

tube517, Dannydet and Xavier Black like this.
  4. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

That's the stylus main menu..I've tried to get rid of that and don't think there's a way..if there's I need to know..

Dannydet likes this.
  5. marctronixx

settings/ advanced features/S Pen/When S Pen is removed --

from there you have 3 choices: DO nothing, Create Note, Open Air command.

im using a note 10+ but should be similar on the note 9.

you probably have "open air command" as the setting. change it do Do nothing. you still get a stylus icon but its not big to cause any issues.

I recommend reading the user manual since you are coming from an Iphone-- two totally different platforms. you have a learning curve with the note so take some time to read the manual and watch some tips and tricks videos on youtube.

6. Luke Drillbrain

Took care of it. Thanks, everyone.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews