1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Pulse 2.1 update in UK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by calamityjali, Apr 8, 2011.

1. calamityjali

calamityjali New Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Hi

I love my T mobile Pulse phone, but I seem to be unlucky in my 2.1 aspirations.
    I have tried twice to get it onto 2.1 Android and twice failed miserably and had to send it back to T mobile to get it repaired. The worst of it was, it came back with 1.5 on it after they released the 2.1 update on the web!

So now I am going to live without SWYPE, and various other apps as they are no longer supported on 1.5.:mad:

I am due an upgrade and I am having a good luck round now.

Reading on these forums it does seem that the update is possible,
    if so, then how exactly should it be done.
    In my case, I removed all my apps that I had downloaded and copied the dload to the sd card, I had an older dload folder on there which I renamed. Should I have deleted it?
    I am not fussy about losing information, I just wanted a more up to date Android! I am not techie enough to fiddle, but I did manage the update in December 2009...

Another thing, from my recent repair
    The repair centre says :
    we do not recommend customers to upgrade software to 2.1v or higher becouse it has not been approved by huawei, then T Mobile say do not upgrade it, if you ring them up and ask. So is the T Mobile web site T mobiles.... :)

So please take care with your T Mobile Pulse 2.1 update.

Advertisement

2. TankbusterT101

Aug 23, 2010
    Researcher
    London, UK
    Hi,
    I updated from android 1.5 to the official 2.1 in Feb 2011 and had no problems at all.

Firstly, I followed the instructions on the t mobile web site and the upgrade took about 10 minutes, the phone went blank for about 5 minutes, then the pink t mobile sign came up at stayed for another 5 minutes before the upgrade was complete and the android wellcome screen came up.

I then noticed that all my installed apps, contacts, messages and emails were still on the phone so the upgrade did not wipe the phones data!