1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Purchase cheap used Droid for testing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kratos, Jul 10, 2010.

1. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Mar 2, 2010
    Worldwide Logistics by day,Website design by night
    Olympus, Back on the throne!!!
    Anyone know where I can find a used (or new) MotoDroid for a very cheap price for testing an app I am working on? I was hoping to spend under $100 for it. I don't even need any chargers or usb cables or anything. All I really need is the droid and the battery. And even then, I can always get a battery from Amazon for less than $5.

I will never be activating the phone and will be rooting and installing multiple different ROMs, as well as running stock to test my app. I don't feel comfortable testing on my personal phone due to the risk of breaking things.

Thanks,
    Kratos

Advertisement

2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Best bet would be eBay. Even then good condition droids aren't in the sub $200 category yet. Maybe you can find one with some wear or a cracked but working screen cheaper.

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Mar 2, 2010
    Worldwide Logistics by day,Website design by night
    Olympus, Back on the throne!!!
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I want something that will still work, but aesthetics are not that important.

Thanks for the input.

Kratos

4. Jeff_T

Jeff_T Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Terrizona
    if you're not activating it I'd imagine you could get one with a bad esn or whatever that can't be activated for around that... could still use the Wifi if you need the net with it too.
    They are a bit pricey on eBay. I'd say check forum classified sections, that's where I got mine (crackberry) and it was a bit cheaper than eBay, and is in incredible condition. You could also check craigslist...