1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Purchased Motorola Razr M today. Now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peelincapz, Aug 6, 2013.

1. peelincapz

peelincapz Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    I'll currently on Straight Talk with one of their POS smartphones. I was made an offer today on a gently used Motorola Razr M for DIRT cheap. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but figured if anything I can resell it for a hell of a profit. However I love this phone. So I checked to see if I could activate it under Straight Talk, but couldn't because its 4G. Then I checked on the price of Verizons prepaid plans, but I'm not about to pay $20 more than what I pay now and not even have unlimited data. Checked the prices of other carriers, same. I don't want to enter into a contract either.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has any other ideas or if I have no choice but to just resell it.

Advertisement

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Welcome to Android Forums, peelincapz!:)

I have moved this thread into the Razr M forum for further discussion in hopes of getting some tips for you.

I am thinking that since you do not want to sign a contract with another carrier, and this phone may not be compatable with your carrier that you might be better off selling it, but these fine folks in the Razr M forum may have some ideas to help.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    The best phone I've ever had. Works great, fast, battery lasts a long time. The Motorola skin over Android software is minimal and very easy to use. We now have 4 of them in our family.
    I have Verizon but a tech at US Cellular sold me on the phone. He uses one and talked great about it. They carry a version of it.

4. ouch1976

ouch1976 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    The fact that it's 4G shouldn't deter you from using it on Straight Talk. It still has antennas for 3G and EDGE which should allow you to use it on Straight Talk. My wife has the phone and likes it alot.