1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Purchasing A Battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ohmrsh, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ohmrsh

ohmrsh Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Bank of America
    S. Carolina
    After 3 bad Devours, Verizon shipped me a Droid as a replacement. I received it today and there isn't a battery. I went to the local Verizon store and Best Buy. None of them have batteries and said I would have to order it. Is there any where else that I could purchase a battery? I don't want to wait until Monday afternoon to use my phone.

Advertisement

2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Sears and Wal-Mart also were selling the phone in their stores, so you could try them as well - but more than likely you won't find 'just' a battery.

You should call VZW back and tell them that they needed to ship you a battery since they were replacing your phone with a completely different (and incompatible) model and that you want them to over night it to you.

4. ohmrsh

ohmrsh Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Bank of America
    S. Carolina
    I tried yesterday and they said that I wouldn't get it over night because of the time I ordered. The day they ordered the phone for me, they said that batteries were out of stock and that I could try the store to see if they have them in stock. I don't understand why a Verizon store wouldn't sell batteries for those "just in case" situations.

5. johnlgalt

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    3rd Rock
    Actually, you should go to a Verizon store, and have them give you a battery b/c it should have come with the phone.

have *them* call Cust Service and verify - you should not be paying for a battery period.

6. onesicktexan

onesicktexan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Global Repair Solutions
    TX
    John is right, you shouldn't have to pay at all. I would go to a Batteries Plus store...if you have those where you live.

Drrrooooiiiddd

7. Absolutely the phone should have come with a battery.

As for Batteries Plus, we purchased spare batteries for our old (pre-Droid) MotoQ9cs, and the aftermarket batteries (Rayovac, IIRC) did not work in the phones. Dimensions may have met the published specs, but they were off just enough... :mad:
    Contract was up before we got that fully resolved, and we went immediately for the Droids.:D

I did order a spare battery and stand-alone battery charger from Verizon, though, just in case I'm off somewhere using the phone for GPS, etc., and run the battery dry in a day or less, and want to continue using it.

8. ohmrsh

ohmrsh Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Bank of America
    S. Carolina
    They checked my order and turns out that the battery wasn't even on it. Just the back cover. Ended up getting it from a Verizon 45 minutes away.

9. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    Wow, sorry to hear about the bad luck with your Devours and the hoops you had to jump through to get a battery for your new Droid but I really hope you like it now. I personally love my Droid! Still have the one I got last November and it still works great. Here's hoping you have that kind of good fortune from here on out.

10. johnlgalt

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    3rd Rock
    You should be raising he|| with whoever you were dealing with - if you've paid as much as I think you have in insurance, for that alone they should be sending you 2 batteries and a charger for your inconvenience.