1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Purchasing T-mobile contract thru 3rd parties

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gezmond, Sep 9, 2011.

1. gezmond

gezmond Newbie
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this...

I purchased my galaxy s2 contract 2-3 weeks ago though buymobilephones.net and added the unlimited internet bolt on for

Advertisement

2. VulturePenguin

None

Aug 25, 2011
    Sorry to hear about your problem, glad you've got it sorted now. I also got my S2 via buymobilephones.net but on the three network instead. Gotta say they've been absolutely superb so far. I received the phone the next day and everywhere I've been so far the three network has been blazingly fast :)

3. gezmond

gezmond Newbie
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    yeah it was a toss up between 3 and t-mobile and i know in the past that 3 probably wasn't the best network to go thru - i guess its a different story these days!

its a shame that buymobilephones.net advertise their 'unlimited internet booster' as the same as what you'd get from t-mobile - when it actually isn't at all and capped at 370Kbps which iirc was what i was getting earlier...

anyways its all fixed now and nice and fast - i was wondering why i wasn't able to watch the F1 practice sessions earlier on bbc and youtube was buffering all the time :thinking: should have checked it much earlier but it just didn't click...

4. MobilePhoneTip

None

Sep 9, 2011
    Damn they were good to you. Been hearing some horror stories about Tmobile customer service today.

5. MrClueless

MrClueless Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    I just noticed i have the same issue. out of curiosity what did you say to the on the phone to t-mobile cause "sods law" im not gonna get a nice understanding person on the line when i make the same call??

6. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    I bought my S2 through Phones4u and I am on o2, seem to be getting full speeds where the signal will allow. Last phone was through CPW and they are fine also on o2.

7. gezmond

gezmond Newbie
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    i was just as polite as possible - explained that i thought my phones connection was slow - did a speedtest and realised it was way below par - went online and googled 'slow internet t-mobile buymobilehones.net' and saw that t-mobile dont allow 3rd pty's to use the same bolt-ons and that i wanted to purchase the bolt-on that allowed me to have full internet access - he then said he'd do it for free and add unlimited texts to my contract.

8. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    EarthCaust Photography, Volunteer, Enviromental Re
    UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro
    Sadly its the same still with 3 a friend is having so much hassle with them its crazy.

I've been with T mobile for a good number of years I think their CS is really good a few times I've ended up having a natter with them once issue was solved lol