• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure calendar widget [official topic]

I added it to one of the screens... so far so good... now if I press on it takes me to Pure C info.

Now... how to I go into the config options to set which calendars to use?

I went to settings . . .

. . . but got lost!

when you first put the widget on your screen you should have to go through the config and tell what calendars you want.

Upvote 0
Hello "Pure Calendar" Developer! PLEASE PLEASEadd a feature, if it isn't already on Pure Calendar (haven't purchased yet because haven't heard that it is), that allows me to easily enter events that have odd repetition, such as every two weeks or every three days, etc... PLEASE! I will pay (almost) ANYTHING for a calendar app that does this! Of course, without deleting any of the other features you already have, start time, end time, etc etc...

Hello nertzie,

If you want an odd timing like every fortnight (2 weeks) like pay days etc. You can put this in Google and have the repeat every 2 weeks. If Pure Calendar can sync with google, then this event should show. :)

Not the solution, but at least a work around... Cheers!

Upvote 0
Not sure if the developer can do this, but would it be possible to sync the calendar with the contacts birthday/anniversaries etc?

I might be barking the wrong tree, I think google contacts dates like birthday, anniversaries, etc should automatically sync with google calendars. :)

You can do this in google. IN Google calendar you can add a calndar called Birtdays; which extracts the Bdays from your contacts and adds then to your calendar. Then of course they will also show up on android calendar.

Upvote 0
Hello nertzie,

If you want an odd timing like every fortnight (2 weeks) like pay days etc. You can put this in Google and have the repeat every 2 weeks. If Pure Calendar can sync with google, then this event should show. :)

Not the solution, but at least a work around... Cheers!

If I am not mistaken, you cannot do every two weeks in Google Calendar. If you can, please let me know.

Upvote 0
You can do this in google. IN Google calendar you can add a calndar called Birtdays; which extracts the Bdays from your contacts and adds then to your calendar. Then of course they will also show up on android calendar.

Or you can use EBOBirthday which create a special calendar from your contact birthday dates. It will be synced and visible in Pure widgets.

Upvote 0
If I am not mistaken, you cannot do every two weeks in Google Calendar. If you can, please let me know.

Yes you can, I already have my pay days on repeat every 2 weeks. Just click on the day you want, a balloon will pop-up and click "edit event details". Then choose weekly on the "repeats" drop-down menu. After selecting "weekly" an option will show how many weeks you want for an event to repeat, then select 2 weeks and mark the day (mon, tue, wed etc.) you want for that event to repeat. Then just click on save or continue on editing your event.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
For some reason, as of today, I can not set Sunday as the first day of the week. Furthermore, some of my events are off by one day. For example, I calendared something for tomorrow morning, Tuesday, March 16 on my google calendar on my pc. It is showing up on my phone in pure grid on today's calendar, Monday March 15, (which would be Tuesday if Sunday was showing up as the first day of the week....)

Edit: when I changed my settings to show Monday as the first day of the week, the appointment changed to the correct date. I really would like Sunday to be my first day however....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones