• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure calendar widget [official topic]

i currently have Astrid and my Google Calendars shown on the widget. is there a way to get it so when i click on the tasks portion it'll go to Astrid and when i click on a calendar entry it'll go to the calendar app? currently pressing anywhere just goes to the calendar. enable scrolling widgets fixes this but i'd prefer to have it without the scrolling.

thanks for the great app!

Upvote 0
i currently have Astrid and my Google Calendars shown on the widget. is there a way to get it so when i click on the tasks portion it'll go to Astrid and when i click on a calendar entry it'll go to the calendar app? currently pressing anywhere just goes to the calendar. enable scrolling widgets fixes this but i'd prefer to have it without the scrolling.

thanks for the great app!

No, currently, this is not possible.
You need to go to the daily viewer, then press the task entry.

Upvote 0
Koxx

You wrote, some time ago:-

"do you think I should add a reminder management to pure calendar ? (with snooze time choice, configurable alarm repeat ...)

I do you prefer if I create a separated app for that ? "

The one thing I want from an electronic calendar it to set a wake up alarm from an event; I had this on my Palm TX.

The reminder sound is just too weak; at least on my Desire.

Is this to be available?

Hi Koxx!

I know you said this was not an option at this time but I just wanted to let you know that there is a demand for this and that I too am just looking for a calendar that will let me set reminders as a ringtone or just something that I can actually hear.

The stock calender (Fascinate) gives a weak "Beep boop" noise that I never hear and doesn't give the option to change the tone. What's the point of a reminder (with sound) that you can't hear? I was hoping Pure Calendar (and/or grid) would provide me with that option.

COLReminder is a decent work around but I'd love to be able to see my tasks on a calendar widget with a decent reminder.

Maybe something to think about adding? Thanks.

Cuda

Upvote 0
Hi Koxx!

I know you said this was not an option at this time but I just wanted to let you know that there is a demand for this and that I too am just looking for a calendar that will let me set reminders as a ringtone or just something that I can actually hear.

Hi,

I think you are missing something in your phone settings.
The calendar app uses the general Android notification settings to his notification.
Set an higher volum on this system notification and it will be louder.

About an additionnal reminder feature, this is still in my TODO list... but nothing started yet.

Upvote 0
if you're using google's calendar you can set it up to send you a text message before your appt. Then if you're using handcent you can have it give you reminder notifications until you check the message. And of course you set the notification to be whatever you want.

Gave this a try. Didn't work. I got the confirmation txts from Google but tried three times for an event txt and it never came through. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Koxx,

Definitely not a matter of turning the volume up. I've tried everything. I need a ringtone reminder that plays loud and long. For instance, maybe my phone is in another room on charger. I need to be able to hear it. Plus my job is loud, I need my phone to be loud (and continue vibrating throughout for that matter). The "Beep Boop" isn't cutting it. But thanks for giving it consideration. If you ever reply to this thread that you've added this feature I will buy it. I'd pay $10 just for this feature.

Cuda

Upvote 0
In the google calendar, you don't see in the edit details section , under description where it says "Reminders"? You can choose email, sms and popup. You choose SMS and the option for minutes, hours, days, and weeks along with a text area for a number. You could choose 10 minutes or whatever you needed it set for. You can even set up multiple reminders so you could get texts 1hr, 30 minutes and 10 minutes before your appt if you wanted. This is on the web, not on the phone. Wouldn't expect the phone app to be that detailed. Would be nice if it was though.

If you do the recurring notification for unchecked messages in handcent you'd even have more redundancy.
Gave this a try. Didn't work. I got the confirmation txts from Google but tried three times for an event txt and it never came through. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Cuda

Upvote 0
In the google calendar, you don't see in the edit details section , under description where it says "Reminders"? You can choose email, sms and popup. You choose SMS and the option for minutes, hours, days, and weeks along with a text area for a number. You could choose 10 minutes or whatever you needed it set for. You can even set up multiple reminders so you could get texts 1hr, 30 minutes and 10 minutes before your appt if you wanted. This is on the web, not on the phone. Wouldn't expect the phone app to be that detailed. Would be nice if it was though.

If you do the recurring notification for unchecked messages in handcent you'd even have more redundancy.

I get how it works. Like I said in my previous post. I set Google calendar up on the web to send me SMS txts and even got the confirmation txts on my phone. I set up some test events on Google with SMS reminders of one minute before.

I did this about five or six times, even setting one a couple hours into the future to give Google time to know the event was there to send. Just didn't happen. Don't know why.

I use this feature for tasks, not appts. Kinda like "Trash guy comes tomorrow" or "Call your mom". Then I set it for the time where I know I can do these things and not forget. Thus the "one minute before" reminder. Like I said COLReminder is a good work around. It lets me set a title, time, and date with a ringtone but I'd like to be able to see these things on a calendar so I can also see what reminders I've set for tomorrow or next week at a glance.

Cuda

Upvote 0
That's weird. Is your mobile number setup properly? I do that to for some tasks, mostly dropping off instruments and product for surgeries, but I do it a day before the surgery so it becomes a "did you do this yet, because if you don't do it today you're screwed". I like your idea for idiot proofing tasks. I've had those "oh shit" moments because of a lack of a reminder.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem w/ a different ap.

Try, from your main launcher screen:

tap menu key
select settings
select applications
select Manage Applications
select All tab
select Market
click on "clear data"

then retry your download.

Do keep at it- Pure Calendar is worth the effort.

-Les

Thanks Les but it didnt work. It still just says starting download...I have downloaded other things and they work instantly...:mad:

Upvote 0
Hi I have this widget and was wondering why I am getting an error when I go to select the Stock Google Calendar 2.2 in Settings --> General. Specifically, it says "Application selected as 'Select application to launch on widget tap:' doesn't seem to be installed on your device."

I checked the Calendar build on my T-Mobile G2 and it says it is 2.2 so not sure what the issue is.

Upvote 0
Hi I have this widget and was wondering why I am getting an error when I go to select the Stock Google Calendar 2.2 in Settings --> General. Specifically, it says "Application selected as 'Select application to launch on widget tap:' doesn't seem to be installed on your device."

I checked the Calendar build on my T-Mobile G2 and it says it is 2.2 so not sure what the issue is.

Try stock calendar 2.1

Upvote 0
ive been using pure calendar for a while and really like it. the other day i got launcher pro plus. i still prefer your widget over LPP's because of the astrid integration. anyways, i enabled the scrollable widget setting in pure calendar and its quite nice. however, whenever i rotate the phone from portrait to landscape or vice versa all entries in pure calendar disappear. its completely blank. i added the refresh button to the widget and refreshing brings the entries back but its very annoying to refresh all the time. this happens if the calendar widget is onscreen or if its off-screen. disabling scrolling widget function in pure calendar "fixes" the issue but i really like the scrolling. none of the LPP widgets do this nor does beautiful widgets, just pure calendar.

using a tmobile g2, stock 2.2 and LPP v.0.8.1.1

Upvote 0
ive been using pure calendar for a while and really like it. the other day i got launcher pro plus. i still prefer your widget over LPP's because of the astrid integration. anyways, i enabled the scrollable widget setting in pure calendar and its quite nice. however, whenever i rotate the phone from portrait to landscape or vice versa all entries in pure calendar disappear. its completely blank. i added the refresh button to the widget and refreshing brings the entries back but its very annoying to refresh all the time. this happens if the calendar widget is onscreen or if its off-screen. disabling scrolling widget function in pure calendar "fixes" the issue but i really like the scrolling. none of the LPP widgets do this nor does beautiful widgets, just pure calendar.

using a tmobile g2, stock 2.2 and LPP v.0.8.1.1

very classic problem ... with very easy solution :
Scrollable widget empty ? Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones