• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure calendar widget [official topic]

4x1 is clearly the most difficult size for Pure calendar due to the design with header bar.
Did you try inline dates option ? it should allow you to see 3 or 4 events event on separated days.
But I clearly advise a 2x2 widget which can display much more informations.

The inline option seems to work quite well. I was wondering though - is there some way to display the date format differently in the header vs. in the individual events? I'd like to be able to use a format like "Wednesday, March 2" in the header, but use a shorter format like "Wed, 3/2" down below so that I can see more of my event description. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I don't know why you say that it doesn't let you reskin a restored widget, that's false.
Just press the config button, and select the skin.
Or may be I am missing something...
And to be clear, EVERYTHING is saved in the widget config.
Believe me, I save, delete, insert, restore widgets at least 10 times per day since 2 years...

So, to reinsert a saved widget :
- insert a fresh widget
- in the config panel, press restore and restore the widget.
- that's all. Everything is restored.

If it doesn't works for you, there is a big issue with your phone.
Then there's a big issue with mine, too, because my text colors don't save, I have to recreate it every time I flash a ROM, also. It always restores with black text, and I want it teal blue/green. The skin is there for selection, but the different configuration tweaks aren't.

Upvote 0
I'll give it another go once I sort out my ROM update and report back. Thanks.
I don't know why you say that it doesn't let you reskin a restored widget, that's false.
Just press the config button, and select the skin.
Or may be I am missing something...
And to be clear, EVERYTHING is saved in the widget config.
Believe me, I save, delete, insert, restore widgets at least 10 times per day since 2 years...

So, to reinsert a saved widget :
- insert a fresh widget
- in the config panel, press restore and restore the widget.
- that's all. Everything is restored.

If it doesn't works for you, there is a big issue with your phone.

Upvote 0
The inline option seems to work quite well. I was wondering though - is there some way to display the date format differently in the header vs. in the individual events? I'd like to be able to use a format like "Wednesday, March 2" in the header, but use a shorter format like "Wed, 3/2" down below so that I can see more of my event description. Thanks again!

Yes, I know, and I agree, it would be much better if you could specify an alternative date format for inline. I'll try to add this in next release.

Upvote 0
Would love if you could make the gridlines invisible in a setting.

This is my fav cal widget btw -- it can be so sleek and simple but still shows the calendar in the month view I like. I always recommend it. I think it was one of my first two app purchases.

Anyways good to see you around Koxx, been awhile -- you should check out my apps now too :p I'm all growed up as a dev, well.... almost. :)

Upvote 0
Would love if you could make the gridlines invisible in a setting.

This is my fav cal widget btw -- it can be so sleek and simple but still shows the calendar in the month view I like. I always recommend it. I think it was one of my first two app purchases.

Anyways good to see you around Koxx, been awhile -- you should check out my apps now too :p I'm all growed up as a dev, well.... almost. :)

That's weird, I don't receive notifications anymore when somebody post here :(

For grid lines, why not, but I am not sure that it would be very clear :/

Upvote 0
does it make sense to do that? Isn't it just pulling info from other apps to display? So wouldn't we be using reminder management of the app when we make the entry?

A reminder management integrated with pure calendar would be so perfect:)

Finally, I really think this is not a widget job.
It's basically a simple service running in background with an interface to configure it. No need to display anything (like a widget) excepted some popups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones