1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Pure Calendar Widget updates instantly despite "update frequency" = 6 hours?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by phositadc, May 3, 2010.

1. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    I started using Pure Calendar today and love it. But I have one question. There is a "Select Update Frequency" setting that can change from 6 hours to "When Calendar is Modified."

I left mine on 6 hours to begin with, but I have noticed that when I modify my Exchange or my Google Calendar (on my phone OR on my computer), the Pure Calendar widget updates almost instantly.

Anybody know why? Is it a bug in the Widget? Or is it supposed to update the Widget instantly despite being set to 6 hours?

Advertisement

2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Student
    Houston, TX
    I had the same thing happen. It wasn't that big of an issue for me. Did you try emailing the dev. The dev is very responsive.

3. phositadc

Mar 18, 2010
    I did not email the dev, because it actually does not bother me. Maybe I will. I was just curious if this is supposed to be happening, or if it actually should only update the widget every 6 hours.

4. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Software Developer
    On the sofa
    Under System Options in the Pure Calendar settings do you have the 'Keep Service Alive' setting checked?
    I believe this means that whenever your calendar is modified, the widget is refreshed.

5. phositadc

Mar 18, 2010
    Interesting. Yes, I do have the "Keep Service Alive" box checked. And maybe you are right. But if checking this box completely negates the update frequency setting, that seems a bit odd, too.