• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure messenger widget

I am having an issue with the update service. Often times I will not recieve a text message in the widget when I recieve one on the phone. When I touch the message field, it says that a task killer stopped the app. I, however, do not have a task killer. Additionally, it will then "reload message database" and the message will be there. Unfortunately, I would rather get the message when it is recieved, not constantly see if the message database needs to be reloaded.

I also have an additional problem which may or may not be the result of the above. Often, when I click to reply in the widget, I am taken to the messaging app like I should be, but it is to the message sender of the previous message, not the one I am trying to reply to.

I really do love your widget, and want to use it exclusively for my messaging needs, please let me know how this can be resolved.

Nexus One T-Mobile, no additional launcher app.

Upvote 0
For 'task killer' warning, you need to send me a logcat. Without this, I can't help you.
But it should really not happen anymore with lastest version (>1.6.0).
To send a logcat to my email, please check here :
How to help me to debug an application Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

For previous message opening, this is because the SMS app is already open. You need to use 'back' key to exit it. If you do not, it will reopen on the last conversation whatever you do.

For gmail sync over internet, you need to read this:
Common problems Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)
This is a common problem with recent Gmail versions. I can tell 'mark as read' to Gmail app, it take it into account but doesn't sync it on the gmail server. I am stuck because Gmail API is not public.

Upvote 0
ever since the two updates this week, i am having similar problems to the person above me, and also now the mark-as-read button is not actually marking messages as read. i have to open them for them to be marked. additionally, even if the widget marks them as read, they are still unread if i go into gmail.

Hummm ... you are saying that the widget says 'mark as read', but they are not marked in the gmail phone app ???
if yes, I ABSOLUTLY NEED THE LOGCAT to fix this !

Upvote 0
I'm using the 4x4 list widget but it looks more like 4x3. The 4x4 Home++ is okay, it fills the whole homescreen. What is wrong with the normal 4x4 widget?

It was in 350x320 for 480x320 screen instead of 400x320 (for a full screen on classic screens) to reduce memory usage. There was a lot of problems with 400x320 background bitmap. To clear clear, it crash and doesn't refresh.
But now, I have a solution. So ... I'll produce a 4x4XL for normal view in 400x320. It won't be full screen for Droid, but for all other devices, it will be OK.

Upvote 0
done !

in fact, the normal 4x4 is now bigger (no need for XL). 320x400 instead of 320x350.

msg23.png

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi! I'm hoping that someone will be able to help.
I bought this app today with the hope of using it with my imap emails and sms.
I installed the dedicated K9 for Pure, and then setup the widget.
I'm struggling to get it to get it to link in with the emails. I know that this works, as it did suddenly appear on one of my attempts. I wanted to choose a different skin though, and I haven't been able to get the emails to link in any more!
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi! I'm hoping that someone will be able to help.
I bought this app today with the hope of using it with my imap emails and sms.
I installed the dedicated K9 for Pure, and then setup the widget.
I'm struggling to get it to get it to link in with the emails. I know that this works, as it did suddenly appear on one of my attempts. I wanted to choose a different skin though, and I haven't been able to get the emails to link in any more!
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
you should try without scrollable if try with it.

Upvote 0
Hi Koxx, great app i have bought messenger, music and calendar and use it for 5 instances on my launcherproplus home screen. Couple of questions:-

1) Are there any plans to relase integration to Touchdown email as the touchdown widget is rubbish! Your calendar/task integration is great
2) Any progress on the redraw issue with launcherproplus? Is the redra issue pure widgets specific?

Upvote 0
Hi Koxx, great app i have bought messenger, music and calendar and use it for 5 instances on my launcherproplus home screen. Couple of questions:-

1) Are there any plans to relase integration to Touchdown email as the touchdown widget is rubbish! Your calendar/task integration is great
2) Any progress on the redraw issue with launcherproplus? Is the redra issue pure widgets specific?

Hi,

1) I already asked to Nitrodesk team, they doesn't seems have time :(
I think you should contact them to show your interest.
2) Yes, A new source code is ready, but Fede forgot to include it in the last release :( The problem is clearly located in the launcher.

Upvote 0
Hi,

1) I already asked to Nitrodesk team, they doesn't seems have time :(
I think you should contact them to show your interest.
2) Yes, A new source code is ready, but Fede forgot to include it in the last release :( The problem is clearly located in the launcher.

I am going to email nitrodesk - email sent!!

Thats great news, you guys are great launcherproplus is amazing and so is pure widgets, keep up the good work

Thanks again and cant wait for the redraw fix!

Upvote 0
Hi,
you should try without scrollable if try with it.

Thanks for your suggestion. I wasn't using scrollable, but I now think I have pin-pointed the issue down to a lack of memory.

I have resurrected my old HTC Kaiser (fantastic phone!) and flashed a Donut build of Android. It's working very well, and is very responsive. I have since installed several widgets etc (newbie to Android!), and I think it is now starting to struggle from a memory perspective.

Anyway, I think your Pure messenger widget is fantastic....very clear and easy to use.

Unfortunately though, I may have to wait until I get a new faster processor Android phone until I can fully replace my Blackberry for emails!

Upvote 0
Hey koxx, love the apps
the latest update seems to have addresses the redraw issue on low mem, and email is working with messenger much better. thanks for the great work. your presence here in the forum is evidence of how much you put into the performance of the applications with your name on them. that commands respect. keep it up.

Any chance the future holds further skin\customization options? like the ability to use pics for backgounds? or is that going to far you think? (it's less important than performance to me, but a novelty i would enjoy)

Upvote 0
Hey koxx, love the apps
the latest update seems to have addresses the redraw issue on low mem, and email is working with messenger much better. thanks for the great work. your presence here in the forum is evidence of how much you put into the performance of the applications with your name on them. that commands respect. keep it up.

Any chance the future holds further skin\customization options? like the ability to use pics for backgounds? or is that going to far you think? (it's less important than performance to me, but a novelty i would enjoy)

I really want it to be the best messenger agregator widget, so, yes, I am ready to spend a loooot of time on it ;)

Next release will offer slight visual improvements, and a new option for rock stable service.

For skins, you can already create skin your self very easily :
How to design a skin Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

Reactions: stainlessray
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones