• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Purple Optimus S?

Yes it's supposed to come out mid-november...the free phone promo via facebook ends 11/9, but the regular black Optimus S is free through 11/27 I think.

Hopefully the purple one will be free as well. I like the black, but I like the purple also and would have bought that one if it was available.

Where is the Optimus S free? Is it free for upgrades with a 2 year contract?

Upvote 0
The Optimus S is free at RadioShack right now. I called 3 different stores and they're claiming this is only for NEW customers or NEW lines of service though. For eligible upgrades, $50 like everywhere else.

Best Buy is supposed to have this phone available for new/upgrades on Black Friday for $1.

Upvote 0
The Optimus S is free at RadioShack right now. I called 3 different stores and they're claiming this is only for NEW customers or NEW lines of service though. For eligible upgrades, $50 like everywhere else.

Best Buy is supposed to have this phone available for new/upgrades on Black Friday for $1.
This is very strange. When I bought my Optimus S, I didn't even use the Facebook coupon. They just scanned it with the regular price and it was free with my upgrade.

I think the Radio Shack folks are confused. I bet if you go and use the upgrade it will be free for upgrade customers.

When I was there at Radio Shack the guy showed me the price online for the Optimus S, and the fine print said " upgrade and new customers".

It's only the Tmobile Optimus T that is free for new customers, as Tmobile has different pricing for new and existing customers... :rolleyes: Radio Shack sales people can be easily confused...

EDIT: I looked at the weekly ad for Radio Shack and it does show the Optimus S free with new activation. However, when I was at Radio Shack I confirmed that the regular "upgrade" pricing was free until 11/27 - looking directly at their online SKU pricing at the register terminal. I suppose this could have changed...who knows...

Upvote 0
This is very strange. When I bought my Optimus S, I didn't even use the Facebook coupon. They just scanned it with the regular price and it was free with my upgrade.

I think the Radio Shack folks are confused. I bet if you go and use the upgrade it will be free for upgrade customers.

When I was there at Radio Shack the guy showed me the price online for the Optimus S, and the fine print said " upgrade and new customers".

It's only the Tmobile Optimus T that is free for new customers, as Tmobile has different pricing for new and existing customers... :rolleyes: Radio Shack sales people can be easily confused...

EDIT: I looked at the weekly ad for Radio Shack and it does show the Optimus S free with new activation. However, when I was at Radio Shack I confirmed that the regular "upgrade" pricing was free until 11/27 - looking directly at their online SKU pricing at the register terminal. I suppose this could have changed...who knows...

My friend went to radi shack today and they told her that it was only free on a new line as well that if she wanted to upgrade then it was $50. which make no sense at all because if you read the fine print on the add on line it states that the pricing may be diffrent for for customers not eligable for upgrade. then I tried to call radio shacks 800 number and they close at 5pm cst. Aint that some shit. I was hoping my friend could get hooked up with this phone and not have to wait til black friday and deal with all the craziness at best buy. I guess I will try and call them again tomorrow for her and get some clarification, but for the moment it sucks!!

Upvote 0

Online it says $50 for the upgrade. Weekly ad says FREE with NEW 2 year agreement (unlike the G2 which is $99 with NEW or Upgrade 2 year agreement).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones