1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Push Email and Battery Saving Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by scotiwis, Aug 17, 2012.

1. scotiwis

scotiwis Newbie

Hi,
    I have the Galaxy S3 and use Touchdown for company exchange emails. I need Touchdown set to push as I need to know as and when I get company email (at the very least I could set it to 15 mins poll).

I installed Easy Battery Saver (have tried Juice Defender also) and got great battery life improvements on the intelligent modes (wifi switches on periodically when device in standby).

However, Touchdown push doesn't work obviously in these cases. Even though the wifi is switching on/off in the battery saving apps I don't see new email until I actually go into Touchdown after the phone has been in standby.

Has anybody got Touchdown and any battery saving apps to work successfully together??

Any advice welcome.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I don't think push and battery saving apps work nice together. You can use polling then pair it with GreenPower. Switched to it from Juicedefender because it's more customizeable IMO.

3. scotiwis

scotiwis Newbie

Thanks, can you tell me how polling on touchdown works exactly in conjunction with greenpower. If you set touchdown to poll every 15 mins and set greenpower to enable wifi every 15 mins on standby - how would they coincide - it wouldn't be the exact same minute it enables wifi as polls for email?
    What are the exact settings to use on both.
    Thanks

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Not sure for Touchdown as I use the stock email app. GreenPower has a setting for managing your autosync settings. You can set it to sync whenever the data gets turned on, and/or whenever the screen gets turned on. There is also a setting where you give it a time frame where to sync. I have set mine to 1 hr. What happens is no matter how many times the data gets turned on within an hour after the last sync, my email won't sync. However if more than one hour has passed and my data gets turned on, my emails sync to phone.