• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Push gmail question

I can't speak for Android, but I know that Microsoft Outlook and Mail from mac, all take a little bit to push the notification. I would assume that if the phone constantly refreshed every second your battery would be dead in no time. Now if that is something you want, maybe there is an option in settings, like Microsoft Outlook and Mail, where you can set up how frequently it refreshes.

This is just a guess, as my phone is sitting at the Fedex facility.

Upvote 0
I just got my incredible today, have it setup with my gmail. Something I noticed is my emails take anywhere from 1-5+ minutes to pop up on my phone. This is my first android so I don't know if something is wrong. I have sync enabled, not sure what else it could be.

I'm using the Gmail app and I get my e-mails within 5-10 secs. I also use the Mail application from HTC and it pushes my Outlook within 5-10 secs as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones