1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Push Mobile Mail not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sopsicle, Feb 6, 2011.

1. sopsicle

sopsicle Lurker

Ok, I've signed up specifically for this question so I realllly hope that one of you lovely people will be able to help me.

I've had my SF since November and been using the Mobile Mail feature fine - emails always coming through straight away. Lovely.

But over the past 3-4 days it has completely stopped working. I've definitely been receiving emails as I can see on the computer, but they've just not come through to my phone at all.

This has happened once before so I removed the registered email address from the phone (as per the advice of an advisor at Orange) and re-entered it and it was fine. But that solution is not working this time.

Now, it just says 'Connection failed' etc.

I spoke to a lady at Orange yesterday who suggested that this was a known issue and that they're trying to sort it but to be honest, she wasn't particularly clear.

I've searched around the internet to see if anyone is experiencing similar problems but I haven't found anything and now I'm starting to panic that its just me!

Please, could somebody help me out. I don't have access to a computer much during the week so its really important that my mobile email is working; or at least, that I know its a general issue and is being sorted.

Pleaseee help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. screamer

screamer Member

download maildroid and see if it receiving your mail, then use that untill orange can sort out their problem

3. Err0r

Err0r Newbie

How did this work out?

4. imbrennan46

imbrennan46 Lurker

I bought my San Francisco phone in February but my Mobile Mail has just stopped working. Apparently they were giving me a few weeks free of charge and now if I want to get my mail (Yahoo), I have to pay them

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Can you autoforward or configure your gmail account to pick up your orange/yahoo mail and use the gmail app instead?

Yeah, you need to root (grant yourself admin access to the phone) and install an alternative ROM. There are plenty guides on here, but I can link you if you want?