• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Push T-Mobile and Samsung to Support Their Devices!

behold_this

Android Expert
Nov 18, 2009
@everyone: repost this on every blog, every forum and tweet it to Samsung (@SamsungMobileUS, @Samsungtweets, @SamsungService), TMobile (@TMobile_USA) and retweet it for your followers. Thanks!

Proof of Samsung's Promises made about the Behold 2 regarding Android 2.0: (click on the link to download the complete video so it can't be hidden again)

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download full.flv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rksSeDkZ7Mc

How is this proof, you might ask? Well, first the video was copy written by Samsung in 2009(as seen at the end of the video). It was posted to the SamsungMobile youtube page before the Behold 2 was released and features Samsung's very own trademarked logo. Further proof of the video being authentic and produced by Samsung is that the same man that appears in this video appears in other Samsung walk throughs featured on their own youtube page! Here is proof of that:

YouTube - Introduction to the Samsung Omnia II by Verizon Wireless

If we lie down and take this we will get no satisfaction the only way to change any minds is to be vocal and presistant. Let Samusng and TMobile know that we will not be pushed aside and we demand true customer service!

TO SAMSUNG & TMOBILE:

We have been loyal customers and waited patiently for you to honor your commitments to us and release a Android 2.x update. The time for patience is growing thin. We need action on your part! Please do the right thing and release the update now. Thank you.

-behold_this

To Sign the Petition to Help Make Samsung Keep there Word:
Samsung Needs to Stick to Their Word - Behold 2 Update

Please Help, Every Signature Counts

To View Press Coverage Visit the Following Links:

Engadget:
Samsung Behold II fails to fulfill Android 2.0 promise, jilted users contemplating lawsuit (video) -- Engadget

Gizmodo:
Samsung Behold II Owners May Sue Over Android 2.0 Snub

Android and Me:
Samsung Behold II owners consider legal action over lack of Android 2.x upgrade – Android and Me

AndroidSPIN:
http://www.androidspin.com/2010/05/2...hold-ii-users/

Android Headlines:
http://androidheadlines.com/2010/05/...onsidered.html

TmoNEWS:
http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/samsu...2-as-promised/

Phandroid:
http://phandroid.com/2010/05/26/is-s...old-ii-update/

DroidDog:
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...android-style/

To View Many, Many More Sites Running This Story Follow This Link (goes to post #83 of this thread and includes links to several more tech blogs/sites running the story):
http://androidforums.com/816192-post83.html

Here is additional background info:

Spec. Sheet:
Samsung Behold II Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

No updates have been given regarding OS. The phone is still stuck on outdated Android 1.5 after Samsung promo video said we would get Android 2.0 once it was Avail. (this was before 2.0 had been released) Now Samsung has gone as far as to try to removed the video, not too worry though we got it. Samsung has also confirmed through emails to users that the Behold 2 will Not be Upgraded to Android 2.X, (only reason many had bought the phone was due to them promoting it would be).

Issue's with Behold 2 are:

-Dailer hangs / Force Closes randomly when dialing
-Drops Calls (appears not to be a service related issue as other devices work fine)
-TWLauncher lags & is super slow
-Battery only last about 8hr at most if using for txt's & Web, plus a few calls in there (other devices easily last all day with MUCH more Use)
-SD Card is Constantly getting error's and sometimes requires reformatting (loss of Data is weekly)
-SD Card is constantly un-mounting & Remount its self
-Phone does not sleep correctly after phone Calls
-Setting display to sleep after 15 seconds causes the phone not to sleep at all
-Phone will randomly reboot
-Battery does not charge fully when the phone charged while off
-Randomly gets a black screen (Frozen) & a battery pull is needed

Phone Could easily support Android 2.X:

System Memory is 205MB
Video Memory 64MB
Data Storage is 153MB
CPU is 768Mhz that Samsung Crippled to 528Mhz max

(thanks to BH_MAN for putting together the links and additional info also thanks to the other members that have contributed links)

There now seems to be good reason why T-Mobile, inadvertently it seems, helped to spread Samsung's deception:

"At 33:32 into the Thursday (5/20/10) podcast on AndroidGuys, you clearly hear the TMo guy, Kevon, mention that Samsung representatives visited T-Mobile and asserted that they would have 2.1 for the Behold II. HOWEVER....he then goes on to mention that this event was several (6!??) months ago."

(thanks to yahma for posting the above quote)

The more this develops the more it is becoming clear that T-Mobile shares very little of the blame here. It is clear that Samsung mislead T-Mobile as well. We the Behold 2 community would love to see T-Mobile stand with us and would welcome their support with open arms.

Though I am neither for nor against legal action at this point, I have included a link to some background info on Class Action Suits for those interested:
http://androidforums.com/815948-post170.html

Sorry to break it to you but....

That's a Phones-Online.net video, NOT a Samsung video. It uses the Samsung logo because Phones-Online.net is a *RESELLER* of Samsung products. Hence why they also have videos for other Samsung products. They also sell Motorola, Palm, Blackberry, etc.

The video claims that 'when 2.0 comes out...'. 2.0 is, was, and has always been an exlusive version of Android, specifically designed for the Motorola Droid. It is not, has not, and will never be released on any other phone.

The copyright at the end doesn't claim that this video belongs to Samsung at all. It claims that the Samsung Logo is copyrighted, that the Behold II is copyrighted, and that the screens are simulated, the appearance of the phone may vary (this video was probably produced using a promo-phone before the actual release), and that other names are owned by other copyright holders. Again: No where does Samsung claim to have made this video.

Also, your own link lists the title as "Youtube: Phones-Online.net"

T-Mobile isn't mentioned at all.

Upvote 0
Sorry to break it to you but....

That's a Phones-Online.net video, NOT a Samsung video. It uses the Samsung logo because Phones-Online.net is a *RESELLER* of Samsung products. Hence why they also have videos for other Samsung products. They also sell Motorola, Palm, Blackberry, etc.

The video claims that 'when 2.0 comes out...'. 2.0 is, was, and has always been an exlusive version of Android, specifically designed for the Motorola Droid. It is not, has not, and will never be released on any other phone.

The copyright at the end doesn't claim that this video belongs to Samsung at all. It claims that the Samsung Logo is copyrighted, that the Behold II is copyrighted, and that the screens are simulated, the appearance of the phone may vary (this video was probably produced using a promo-phone before the actual release), and that other names are owned by other copyright holders. Again: No where does Samsung claim to have made this video.

Also, your own link lists the title as "Youtube: Phones-Online.net"

T-Mobile isn't mentioned at all.

actually chief the second was posted by samsung on the samsung mobile youtube channle. get your facts straight and in never said tmobile made a promise but they can put pressure on samsung to live up to theirs. why are you being a punk anyway. if you don't like the post or find it valid move on. hate to break it to you pal but i think my know what i'm talking about been around longer than you.

Upvote 0
Huh? I'm pointing out the facts as I see them about the video, no need to get hostile.

As for "being around longer", how do you know I haven't been lurking in the forums (Here, T-Mo) for months? Considering I bought this phone on Novemeber 22nd, 2009, I think I've got SOME experience with it, Samsung, and T-Mobile at this point :p

I only started posting when I saw questions not being answered correctly on these forums and T-Mo's forums (which are an absolute haven of mis-information... I loved seeing people claim that apps couldn't be installed to SD Card, for example)

I still stand by the statement, though, about them claiming to update "when 2.0" comes out... Espeically when you consider 2.0 was out BEFORE the Behold II was.

Upvote 0
I'm a regular reader of The Consumerist and one of there highly recommended techniques for getting a response out of a company is the Electronic Email Carpet Bomb. Basically you send a mass email to anyone and everyone at the company worth sending to.

Here are two links with email addresses for execs and the like at Tmobile. I consider this to be both an issue with Tmobile as well as Samsung.

Contact T-Mobile Executive Customer Service - The Consumerist
Take Your Tmobile Complaints To The Tippity-Top - The Consumerist

I plan on sending a letter soon, and it would be great if everyone else could send something as well.

Upvote 0
sorry to break it to you but....
That's a phones-online.net video, not a samsung video. It uses the samsung logo because phones-online.net is a *reseller* of samsung products. Hence why they also have videos for other samsung products. They also sell motorola, palm, blackberry, etc.

not samsungs video huh? Then why did they remove it with a copywrite claim! Samsung is a bunch of liers. Its time to seriously see what our legal options are and in the mean time we must get the word out to boycott samsung!

Upvote 0
not samsungs video huh? Then why did they remove it with a copywrite claim! Samsung is a bunch of liers. Its time to seriously see what our legal options are and in the mean time we must get the word out to boycott samsung!

Did Anyone Download the Video?? We are Going to Need it now I think..
I think we Have a Case if they Removed it so Fast!!

Upvote 0
i was going to cache it a few days ago but didn't. without the video we don't have much without getting real legal representation, but we're not down for the count yet. we must up the pressure. we all need to start posting to all the samsung phone forum on android forums and try to rally more troops especially post in the galaxy s forum to hurt its sales!

Upvote 0
I was going to download it but when i went to get it it was removed.

I emailed the website that posted the video personally to see if they have a video copy of it. Ill get back to you with an answer when i get one.

*Well the email to the Site doesn't work, came back with an error.

They won't release it they are prolly the ones that removed it.

Upvote 0
Samsung Behold 2 On Video | Android Phone Fans

It's interesting that the out of 4 Bh2 videos, the only one that has "copyright issues" is the one that mentions future firmware updates.

I'm googling furiously in hopes of finding another copy of the incriminating video anywhere.

BTW: I wonder if the video host had hopes and dreams before Samsung lobotomized him.

Upvote 0
Not the original samsung one but this is the one I posted:
www.youtube. com/watch?v=4u0_C8X4RD8

but won't get ya anywhere sadly

FYI had to add a space before the "com" cause kept displaying the removed video window.
This may just be speculation but couldn't we use a wayback machine to view the video on its website as if it was when it was originally posted?

Upvote 0
This may just be speculation but couldn't we use a wayback machine to view the video on its website as if it was when it was originally posted?

Couldn't we just use the wayback machine to buy different phones? From a company or companies that realizes that consumers might actually WANT the products they buy to be supported?

Upvote 0
Let's be honest guys... this phone is dead. Samsung has never cared about what their customers think, and we're a very small portion of the Android community. We would need a much larger following for them to even consider our concerns. Not to mention the thousands of people who own a Behold2 and have no clue about any of this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones