• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Push url from your phone to your PC!

dscribe

Android Expert
Jun 8, 2010
I had made a thread in the help and troubleshooting forums at one time asking if anyone knew a way to push a url very quickly (and easily) from one's phone to one's pc. Well, I never got a satisfactory reply (that I'm aware of, can't find that thread now) but now I see there is a chrome extension and android app combo out just for this very thing! You have to set them up with permissions against an email account. Works great once you get everything setup.

Here are the urls:

Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hkelgkihphkegiaagbcgglfidabmgkgp

Android App:
chart

enjoy!

Very correct. This is not chrome to phone, which is for pushing urls from PC to phone. (Chrome to phone only works with Android 2.2, but if you don't have 2.2 and want that capability you can get the PushLink app and extension that works on Android 2.1)

This is for pushing urls from phone to PC (reverse of Chrome-to-Phone and PushLink) called "Android2Cloud." It is really cool and once setup, it works great on Android on 2.1. Android2Cloud is also for the Chrome web browser on the PC side.

Upvote 0
I simply couldn't trust the developer with my account information. I uninstalled it.

"There are some comments about the security of the app. You're all 100% right; I didn't expect the application to get so much attention so quickly. The next release is focusing on adding a bit of polish, and making sure people don't need to feel uneasy about using the service."

Upvote 0
Like Necosino said, the app combo appears to the be work of a lone college student who put something together only to find interest explode far beyond his expectations. The developer has stated that if you feel uncomfortable with the security permissions situation, he understands, no problem. I myself found the server title to be a bit suspicious looking, but at this point I'm pretty comfortable with this one. Worse thing is that since the guy got so much response it seems to be overloading his server and he is having trouble keeping up with demand. I hope he finds a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones