1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pushing apps from Google Play / Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PortNerd, Dec 21, 2012.

1. PortNerd

PortNerd Newbie

I've got three "China Telecom Infotmic M7206" tablets that I'm trying to get set up for the kids for Christmas.

I've got them all registered to the same google play account, and from a web browser (on my PC), I'm able to go in and select which apps to install, and it tells me that the app will be downloaded to my device shortly.

Is there any way on my device to force it to download those apps now, instead of waiting for it to decide to do it on its own?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

How much delay do you get? When I do this with my phone it's pretty much straight away, as long as my wifi is on.

3. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

I've never had to wait for more than a very few minutes for the download to begin. Presumably the servers are queueing app downloads for the next-available timeslice? One has to wonder how many thousands of downloads are occurring at any given instant.

It's a somewhat anthropomorphic interpretation on my part of any download delay, but it always seems that every time I get in a line it's always at the end. :) Like yourself though, I will sometimes approach the front of a long line and playfully ask "Do you mind if I cut in? I'm just going to buy this cart of groceries real quick ..." and I really enjoy the responses I get from others.

4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert

I also find by opening Google Play on the device can sometimes seem to trigger the download.
    Rare that I actually end up going to the apps page and clicking install.