• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pushing notifications through silent mode [SOLVED]

Hi everyone,

Before I get started, I suppose I should mention I use a Huawei Honor 8, and the preinstalled software is very different from that of your typical Samsung or LG.

I've got someone in my life right now that I need to be there for at any time, including when I'm normally asleep. I hate turning on my notification sounds completely, though, because then I wake up to useless stuff like game notifications. Is there a way to push one contact's calls through the silent/vibrate mode so that only calls from that person actually play the ringtone? I have developer options if I need them.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Before I get started, I suppose I should mention I use a Huawei Honor 8, and the preinstalled software is very different from that of your typical Samsung or LG.

I've got someone in my life right now that I need to be there for at any time, including when I'm normally asleep. I hate turning on my notification sounds completely, though, because then I wake up to useless stuff like game notifications. Is there a way to push one contact's calls through the silent/vibrate mode so that only calls from that person actually play the ringtone? I have developer options if I need them.

Thanks!

There should be a do not disturb setting. You can set it to only play sound for favorites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones