• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lww424

Jul 13, 2010
Michigan
So I'm trying to decide between the Razr HD and Maxx HD. I want to be able to leave just about all 'things' on (GPS, WIFI, etc) to really take advantage of google Now and all that.

Will the Razr be able to handle this for a full day?

Originally wanted the DNA but I just don't think the battery will last me all day the way I'm on my phone, plus I like a more pure android experience.

Not sure about wifi since I don't even touch it, but I have the Maxx and I leave GPS on all day. My battery sure as hell gets through each day with plenty to spare. Shouldn't have much of a problem with it on the standard HD. I'd fathom a guess and say leaving wifi on wouldn't cause a problem either.

Upvote 0
I'm leaving WiFi on all day but toggles GPS as needed. As far as I can tell, leaving WiFi on doesn't affect battery life on Razr HD.

The new S4 AP/modem chipset is super efficient with 4G to the point that I don't see any difference on battery drain between 4G and WiFi. The battery drain will be worse if you are in weak signal area with only 3G or 1X. But getting through a full day is no problem for HD regardless.

Upvote 0
Battery is important to you. The MAXX has a bigger battery. Buy the MAXX.

What he said. Plus, for 50 bucks extra you get a humongous battery and 16 GB more internal memory with the Maxx HD vs. the Razr HD. Get the Maxx HD.

I have WiFi on all day, GPS and bluetooth on all day, and am a fairly heavy phone user. My latest charge was at 22% battery remaining after using for 1 day and 16 hours. But I typically get into the third day without a problem. I guess that's what happens by playing DropWords while listening to TuneIn Radio for an hour and a half!

Upvote 0
What he said. Plus, for 50 bucks extra you get a humongous battery and 16 GB more internal memory with the Maxx HD vs. the Razr HD. Get the Maxx HD.

I have WiFi on all day, GPS and bluetooth on all day, and am a fairly heavy phone user. My latest charge was at 22% battery remaining after using for 1 day and 16 hours. But I typically get into the third day without a problem. I guess that's what happens by playing DropWords while listening to TuneIn Radio for an hour and a half!

If I may ask, how much talk time do you put on your phone each day?
Thanks

Upvote 0
I have just the Razr HD (not Maxx)...

I can go close to 2 days with everything on.

I am not quite a "power" user but I do use my phone quite a bit...

My wifi signal at work is very weak and goes in and out (big building) so I know that throughout the day my phone does lose wifi and need to reconnect. At home, I get a solid wifi signal.

I use my phone mostly for calls, email and some social networking (Twitter). I play games sparingly, but usually at least for 10-30 minutes a day pending "waiting around time".

I got the phone when it first came out and I got it thinking I would need to upgrade to the Maxx because with my previous phones I could never go a full day on a single charge...but this phone does that and more. I don't regret not getting the Maxx and saving (at the time) $100...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones