1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips Put me to sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsa, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Dallas, Tx
    I like to put my EVO to sleep after using it and before I put it back in my jacket pocket or belt case. But I'm really getting tired of having to push the on/off button to do it. Plus I'm concerned that I'll eventually shorten the life on the button with as many times as I push it.

Having said that, are there any apps/widgets to put the phone to sleep instead of using the button. I've searched the market and appbrain and found nothing. I've done a general google search and found nothing.

Of course I could have been searching using the wrong terms so please don't flame me if there's something obvious.

Any ideas? :eek:

Thanks

Advertisement

2. dcrim

dcrim Member

Apr 12, 2010
    software trainer
    Republic, MO.
    You could set the screen timeout to 15 seconds. Go to menu - settings - Sound & display - screen timeout.

3. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Dallas, Tx
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that but since I use the phone a lot I found that setting the timer to a short time I was continuing waking it back up, even more then I'm putting it to sleep and so I had to go back to a longer timer.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Video Producer
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, I just found a decent timeout that worked for me. If I want to turn it off earlier I just hit the button and pocket it.

5. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Dallas, Tx
    I guess I should clarify a little, on mine I have a BestBuy silicone skin that's a little stiff and so the area that is over the on/off button makes it a little hard to hit the already somewhat recessed button and so in addition to turning it on and off a lot I'm also poking at it a lot with my thumbnail to try and find the button in the first place.

That's why it would be so nice to just have a "sleep app" :rolleyes:

Tags: