1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Put my EVO to work today and I was amazed.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brumeister, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Carl6

Carl6 Member
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Retired
    Seattle
    To those who think they can text and drive, or talk and drive, or eat and drive, or do makeup and drive, or to do anything else at all while driving, sorry but you are wrong and sooner or later you (and probably some completely innocent party) will pay the price. Operating a multi-thousand pound piece of equipment moving at any speed (even 3 mph) mandates your complete attention. Get a clue.

If I made the laws (and this goes for DUI/DWI also):
    First offense $1000 fine and 24 hours in jail (unless you cause an accident, then go to next penalty immediately).
    Second offense permanent loss of license and vehicle goes to the state.
    No questions asked, no appeal, no excuses.

I've driven probably over a million miles in over a dozen countries. Never had an accident, but I did get a ticket once, in 1969. That's when I was young and dumb and thought I could do too many things at once.

Advertisement

2. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    District Chief in City of Pgh. paramedic rescue se
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Wow, a subject I really do know something about ;-). As a District Chief for the city's paramedic rescue bureau, I get to see all the guys and gals who thought "it could never happen to me." I can't tell you how many people we see daily who thought they had that innate ability to defy all the laws of nature like some human chameleon that can move their eyes in multiple directions at once. Hell I wrote the electronic device policy for our drivers AND passengers that it is forbidden to text while in the cab of a moving vehicle. And wouldn't ya know, we had such an accident where a passenger was busy texting and not looking out for their partner. Believe me the sad aftermath of accidents are no joke really. I have teenaged kids so I know the feeling of immortality that is associated with youth and their defiant nature. But please if you are in the habit of TWD, break it because it will eventually catch up with you and the tragic results are not worth the risks.

BTW, I give my graditude to all who contribute to making this forum the best. That goes for the questions and and answers; you are indispensible as I learn the android world. Plus to the OP, Evo is just one kickass phone :0)!

pwnst*r likes this.
Tags: