1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Put second screen to sleep while holstered

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sreum, Feb 28, 2016.

1. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    michigan
    Well not sure if anyone's ran across this as I couldn't find anything on it in a search.

But the second screen can be actively turned on in the settings and when holstered it will turn off.

The trick is to have a holster that covers the proxy sensor thats located just to the right of the ear speaker.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, tap the power button so the main screen turns off but the second screen is on.
    Then place a finger over the sensor. You'll see the second screen turn off.

I've tested it out with different clothes and leathers and get the same response. I also tried it out with my holsters material. Unfortunately for me, my holster leaves the sensor uncovered, but if I put the phone into it upside down, I see the second screen turn off.

Enjoy!
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement

papu4ara and KOLIO like this.
  2. papu4ara

papu4ara Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2016
    That's a good option. Now SS can be active all the time, but when do not use the phone to turn with display down to save battery.

3. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Female
    With the new Marshmallow update (6.0) Doze will do that automatically when phone is not being used for a period of time. You cannot adjust it, it is built into 6.0.

4. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    michigan
    The way I described, turns it off instantly. No waiting time.

LG V10

The LG V10 is a unique phone launched October 1st 2015. It has a secondary ticker display for showing notifications, information, and battery life. It also has dual front-facing cameras to take selfie shots at different angles.
Tags: