• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Put your thinking caps on everyone...

marshall1084

May 16, 2010
So, first, here's what happened. Did a factory reset of my phone. When it came back up and I went to activate it, no data connection, unable to make phone calls. After 2 hours on the phone with VZW tech support, I can make calls, but have no data connection. They are sending me a "new" one. The concensus of the VZW tech and myself, problem with my phone. 2 days later, my wife resets her phone because of memory usage issues (she had to much on it). Same exact thing happened to her. Being the fiesty woman that she is :) she is going to a VZW store today to raise holy hell and throughorly degrade the poor rep that she is going to talk to, to get some answers. My question to all my fine fellow Eris users, have you seen this before? If in our position, do we deserve a new phone, and not an eris? Will this happen with a replacement eris due to a fault in the 2.1 update? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I would advise your wife that VZW retail store reps are poorly paid, and have precious little authority to do anything.

They are like mushrooms at the mushroom farm - kept in the dark and fed a steady diet of $hit.

Abusing them is both counter-productive and rude.

She should be firm in her demands, but polite in demeanor. Vinegar rarely works better than honey.

Try insisting that you want them to resolve the problem right then and there in the store, and see how that goes.

The thing is, you should remember that you are not owed an upgrade because of a problem with your current phone; at the most you are "owed" a replacement which resolves the problem.

eu1

Upvote 0
this is an issue from the vzw side, so i think that her actions are justified as long as she doesnt take it too far. if anyone remembers, a little while back. trident posted a message about some phones losing 3G when they did a data reset. ive wiped 50+ times since then w/o issue, but i guess its still affecting some people.

Upvote 0
this is an issue from the vzw side, so i think that her actions are justified as long as she doesnt take it too far. if anyone remembers, a little while back. trident posted a message about some phones losing 3G when they did a data reset. ive wiped 50+ times since then w/o issue, but i guess its still affecting some people.

I thought that ended being nothing more than a rumor?

Upvote 0
Two things. First, VZW has told me they won't consider giving you a different device until you have gone through 3-4 replacements. Don't know how true this is, but it is what they told me. Second, I have to agree that the alleged loss of 3G was just a rumor. I found it especially when I saw that it was claimed that the Devour was the only "safe" Android phone. I half tempted to think someone at VZW started the rumor so they could sell as many Devours as possible before more people find out what an utter piece of crap the Devour is as a model line. EVERYONE I know who has one absolutely detests it.....my wife is on Devour #3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones