1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Putting Contacts on your phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spencer320, Jan 3, 2012.

1. spencer320

spencer320 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Visalia, CA
    Anyone else having problems putting contacts on their phone?? I didn't have a problem bluetoothing them over to my warp. But earlier today I wanted to put 2 new contacts into my phone with "new contacts" and they never showed up. If I start dialing the number they pop up, but can't actually see them on my contacts list. Turned phone off then back on...nothing! Any help out there or anyone else have this problem??

Advertisement

2. shunter7

shunter7 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Might be a stupid question but if you are using the stock Contacts APP that comes with the Warp what tab is highlighted at the very top? If it is on Favorites or Groups and not on contacts that might be your problem. You might also want to look at your display options in contacts which have settings for only showing contacts with phone # and various ways sort will display your contacts.

spencer320 likes this.
  3. marca

marca Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    NY, NY
    have had that same issue using stock contact app. when i added a contact would say saved but not appear figured it it was because of the group i saved them under me@gmail.com contacts then under groups > system groups > my contacts. thats how i have mine set

spencer320 likes this.
  4. spencer320

None

Dec 30, 2011
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Visalia, CA
    shunter-
    when I first got the phone, I did have groups highlighted. I noticed that, deletd that contact then went to contacts highlighted and bluetoothed all my contacts over. No problem. Today when I tried to put in a contact the contacts tab was highlighted. Didn't show up, tried the options tab, everything looked good, still didn't show up. I had to put those contacts into my old phone and BT'd them and good to go. Wouldn't be a problem but Im getting rid of the old phone.

marca- my man!! always here to help me out. I had a hard time figuring what you meant but then I got it. I had the 'all other contacts' unchecked. checked that and the 2 I thought I deleted are there now. Got another question though!! I never put contacts into groups so not sure why that would be an issue. So here's my question... WTH is 'starred in Android'? lol. Thanks again!!

5. marca

marca Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    NY, NY
    Starred in Android is ........... ummm well you see its .............. ?????
    lol really i just dont know i first thought it was adding contacts to favorites but it doesn't seem that way, might be just another group but with this one im afraid im just as lost as you. sorry

6. spencer320

None

Dec 30, 2011
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Visalia, CA
    lol... just figured I'd ask. Thanks again for all your help!!:D

7. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Male
    Retired Michigan Gravel Trains Driver
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    Starred in Android is in effect a Favorite group that is generated/kept/maintained by you solely on your Android phone. Hence "Starred in Android". I believe it will also sync to the "Starred in Android' list in GMail for easier creation of this list/group if it's handier or more convenient to generate them from your desktop instead of from the phone itself.

It can save you from scrolling through many contacts just to find the ones you call regularly.

spencer320 and marca like this.
  8. marca

marca Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    NY, NY
    see there ya go i knew it was ummmm something like that yea lol thanks godraw

9. spencer320

None

Dec 30, 2011
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Visalia, CA
    That makes sense.... which is why I couldn't figure it out.:eek: Thanks Godraw!!