1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Puzzle Quest 2 battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sickcat99, Dec 19, 2011.

1. sickcat99

sickcat99 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Does anyone else have the problem of Puzzle Quest 2 being a major battery drain whilst using the Samsung Galaxy S2? It drains faster than it charges...
    I put the phone on charge and it will give me an empty battery message 10 minutes later. This phone is a week old so the battery should be fine...?!

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Uhmm...that is rather drastic power loss. Does the phone also get really really hot?

And does any other game do that? Even simple ones like Angry Birds? If it happens for other games, take the phone back because there's a malfunction. If not...maybe the app is not optimized for the S2.

3. sickcat99

sickcat99 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    YooNinja works fine. I'll give angry birds a go.

The back of the phone does get very hot. I've read that happens to a lot on the SG S2.

4. jerofld

None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Yeah, one of the cons of having a very thin phone is that it's heat dissipation is more noticeable. But what I'm getting at is does it run hotter when playing that game vs other games? Going from a near full battery to the 15% point where the battery alarms come on in 10 minutes is rather extreme and sounds like a hardware fault. The phone should be hotter than usual because of that, too.

5. sickcat99

sickcat99 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    I was playing Yooninja for a few hours last night and didn't notice any heat. I thought it was a hardware problem, too. This problem only seems to occur with PQ2 though.
    Also, I'm not too sure how long it takes for the battery to drain... I'm just worried that whilst the phone is plugged into a charger it will drain to empty. Surely the handset should charge at a faster rate than what it discharges?? And this problem only occurs with Puzzle Quest.

6. sickcat99

sickcat99 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    I'll keep an eye on my memory to see if there is any signs of a memory leak.

7. jerofld

None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    During normal and some heavy use, the phone will charge faster than discharge. USB charging will keep up or break even. Wall chargers should charge much faster and be able to charge even with extreme use (like tethering a tablet while on 4G).

I don't know what to say. Hopefully another S2 user can chime in. Or else, I can move this thread to the S2 forums and maybe you'll get a more specific answer there. I just need to know which carrier you're on, because there are a lot of variations of the S2. It's actually quite ridiculous.

8. sickcat99

sickcat99 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    LOL I'm on UK Vodafone.

Thank you for you time.

I'm always using a wall charger which is the USB cable that detaches from the plug, if need be.

9. jerofld

None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Yes, that's considered 'wall charging'. USB charging is when you connect the phone to a computer USB Port. USB doesn't allow as much current to be transferred as the wall charger. A wall charger will, on average, charge a device twice as fast. FYI.

Moving to S2 International forums. Good luck!

10. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Might be your game. I noticed when playing game like asphalt and racing academy, it discharges faster than charging through the USB. Also charging & playing at the same time should make it pretty hot.