1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Q about process management

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ausfahrt, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ausfahrt

ausfahrt Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    I have a question. Everyone seems to be knocking on memory, so I'll skip that bs and move to the real biz. Processes.

Processes are being done by the processor, and take processor time as well as power. When the processor is sent too many requests it starts being incapable of running them all as quickly as possible and creates the effect of your phone slowing down, because the processor is in fact unable to do the processes in the usual amount of time.

Additionally, when the processor is running it takes power. Power in time is energy. My battery only has so much energy. Random apps will pop up in the background and use processor time and power. This runs down my battery. I can also use certain task killers, and it won't end the process. You can figure this out by comparing the task killer to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>App and seeing if Force Close is available. If it is, then the app is still using processor time and power.

I want a task killer that will actually force close the app and end processor usage, which will decrease response time of my phone and boost my battery life. Does one exist? Because currently I cannot view running applications as I once could, so i have to go through all 100+ apps or some crap like that to see which are running. (Services do not count.) Droid 1, CyMod 7.0.3

Advertisement

2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    Apps loaded in memory do not take CPU nor battery.
    It costs the same amount of battery to load a zero into memory as a one.