• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Q about skins

Team420

Aug 14, 2011
Maine, USA
One of the roms I was using "Kings alliance, the breed" had a bunch of cool skins... I would like to take the skins from that rom, and use them on the rom I'm currently using, but cant find them anywhere... The only thing I have found is in /system/app/ and there I found SkinPicker.apk, and SkinPicker.odex... Do I just move those over or are the skins somewhere else?

One of the roms I was using "Kings alliance, the breed" had a bunch of cool skins... I would like to take the skins from that rom, and use them on the rom I'm currently using, but cant find them anywhere... The only thing I have found is in /system/app/ and there I found SkinPicker.apk, and SkinPicker.odex... Do I just move those over or are the skins somewhere else?

if they are htc skins, you can download them right off htc...there should be an option in there that says download more skins...its usually right at the top...

Upvote 0
ya, tried that with all the roms I've tried, and none of these show up, so I'm guessing they are not htc skins...

well most of the skins and pictures n what not are usually in this folder...

system/customize/resources...

i've never tried to transfer skins but i guess if i was gonna try, i would use root explorer to go to that folder, copy the skin and paste it on the sd card...then hook up my usb and transfer the skin to my computer....do everything you gotta do to flash a new rom...then put the skin back on the sd card...move the skin to the folder above on the new rom and go into personalize in your menu and see if it works.....but if you only see those skins on that rom and havent on any others then i would assume they were made for that rom....so i wouldnt be suprised if they didnt work or you run into problems...

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
ok... found it... Its a .apk file correct? Anyway... I had the rom .zip on my pc, so I just unzipped it, and searched that way, found it in /data, transferred over to my phone, installed with es file manager, but I dont see it when I go into the skins menu....

i have the kings alliance zip on my computer...i'll look through it and see if i can find something....

Upvote 0
i guess i would just try putting the apk file on the root of your sd card and use like astro or root explorer to install it....sometimes you have to make sure you HTC sense and Skin are on the defaults

if that doesnt work, then i would assume its not gonna...most mods are made specifically for that rom unless they state otherwise being universal but even then, it would probly only be universal with king roms...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones