• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] Boot into recovery through ROM Manager ?

I successfully bootstrapped and was able to enter clockwork recovery. Here's some additional info:

Droid X bootstrap appears to work... can anyone verify this other than myself?

You can enter Clockwork Recovery only through the Reboot Recovery button in the bootstrap program.

I successfully backed up my Droid Pro with Clockwork version 2.5.0.6 which runs from the bootstrap. I have not tried a restore to see if it works... has anyone?

I have tried to rom manager and flash a new recovery. Upon restart, phone tries to enter clockwork recovery but freezes on load. I tried to get the phone flashed with the same recovery that is in the bootstrap program but no success.

This is where I am at. If anyone can share any new info, please do... I will continue on my side to try different things. I am also trying to get koush and tbh involved to help without success so far.

Thanks Everyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones