• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Q box playing up

Nige52

Lurker
Sep 23, 2016
Can someone advise me please? My wife bought a Q Android box from Amazon for the Television and has been very happy adding various movie channels to it and has spent a few weeks now watching various movies.
But something has started to happen over the last few days, when watching a film, the screen suddenly goes off to be replaced by a white page with a yellow bar at the top with the wording 'Local Disc' on it? She can get it off and resume where the film left off, but this is happening every 10 minutes or so regardless if she's on Exodus, Salts or Turks.
Off the internet it says clearing the cache will do the trick, but although we've done this several times it hasn't worked, the stoppage still keeps popping up. Now I don't know if it's the Q box, or Kodi or what? We have 70meg download and there's never been a problem before......does anyone know why this Local Disc page keeps popping up?
Many thanks
Nige

What version of Android is the TV box running?
What version of KODI is installed?
Did KODI come pre-installed or did you install it?
What are the other specifications for your Q box? (A link to Amazon would help.)

I'm guessing that you need to back up your KODI settings... (if you want to keep them, that is.)
Uninstall the KODI version that you have.
Go to Google PlayStore and re-install the latest version of KODI that is compatible with your box.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones