• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] [BRICKED] Factory Reset Under Privacy Help

Linux215

Lurker
Jan 25, 2011
PLEASE IM LOOKING FOR HELP NOT TROLLS SO PLEASE KEEP ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF IM ALREADY UPSET ABOUT THIS ENOUGH

ok so i was having a lot of problems with my LG Optimus V phone and did not happen to know about the factory reset under privacy would brick my phone but after the
reset my phone just reboots into recovery no matter what i do this is some of what Ive tried

1. flashing a new recovery but just get waiting on device
2. flashing a new ROM just reboots into recovery
3. Flashing all kinds of backup and just restarts into recovery
4. RomTools
5. And everything else i can think of

and i also cant figure any way to get into fastboot , So has anyone seen or figured out how to fix this semi or full brick ?

And i also have an idea so if anyone has the stock kernel could you please post it .

Same thing happened to me. I did the Privacy>Factory Reset and now my phone is stuck in recovery mode. We even have the same version of Clockwork Recovery 3.2.0.0!

I have tried everything you did, plus ADB but I really cant do anything there because everything useful needs "su" command in "adb shell" and when I do that, I just get "su not found" :(

Please let us know if you find a solution, it would greatly help :)

Upvote 0
Search android central for oshi brick. READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE YOU START. This may be able to help. Also in the same forum look for stuck in recovery. Seems like a lot of people are bricking their phones trying to use Rom Manager. It is still fully supporting our phone. The recovery you have loaded is not for our phone even if it is the newest. Always make sure you only install recoveries, kernels, and roms designed for the V. Remember, Google is your friend. Use it, research, read, research some more, read some more, and make sure understand what you are doing before you do it. If you are not sure, ask someone before you try. It is much easier to help someone flash a new rom than walk them through a brick recovery.

Upvote 0
Try this.
Always use the recommended recovery that the dev of the ROM posts.

For asopCM7 and other ROMs that are compatible with ClockworkMod recovery, follow these steps:

1) Download the recovery file to your PC: aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img

2) Put this file on your sdcard's main partition using your PC's card reader or usb adaptor.

3) Download and install the Java SDK on your computer

4) Download and install the Android SDK on your computer

5) Press the windows key on your computer and type in command , this will open a command window

6) Type cd c:/PATH_TO_ANDROID-SDK/platform-tools this is the location of adb.exe

7) Connect your phone to your computer via USB and turn it on

8) Type adb shell

9) If you get a $ sign at the prompt, you are not rooted, see the sticky thread on rooting

10) If you see a # sign, you are rooted, so type flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_THE_RECOVERY_YOU_DOWNLOADED

11) Type reboot recovery

Your phone should now boot into your new recovery, and it should have more than 4 options, if you only see 4 options something went wrong.

Thanks to Jerryscript. Just copied his reply from another thread.

Upvote 0
So I did the factory reset after rooting and didn't have a custom recovery installed I really need this phone working to get a job everyday this phone is down I loose lots of money please someone help me.
Start here. Everything you need is in that thread. If you need further help with the process, just ask. We're a friendly bunch!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones