1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Q] Cannot connect to service provider (network unavailable)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jotamide, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Jotamide

Jotamide Newbie

Two days ago, out of a sudden my phone stopped connecting to the carrier (Rogers, Canada). I can't call, send text, or use data at all. When I go into Access Point Names, my Xperia Z shows the lterogers.apn installed. If I go into Service Providers I can see a list of Canadian networks, I've tried connecting to the LTE, 3G, and 2G networks of Rogers to no avail. Also, I tried my SIM in a Nexus 5 and it works, I also went to the company and there are no issues with my account at all. Any advice on how to solve this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Evidently there's a problem with your phone. It could be anything from dirt on one of the SIM contacts to a bad motherboard - there's no way for us to tell. You'll have to take it in to a shop to have it diagnosed.

3. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member

Just for the heck of being thorough, have you tried using a different SIM card?

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

As it worked previously, and your SIM works in another handset, I suspect a hardware fault. If that's the case then this should be a warranty issue.

Sony Xperia Z Forum

The Sony Xperia Z release date was February 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2330mAh battery.

February 2013
Release Date
Reviews