1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General [Q]Changing the look/setup of the home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LightItUp, Jul 18, 2011.

1. LightItUp

LightItUp Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    I was looking at peoples screen shots on the xda forum and they have all these crazy looking phones. The "theme" or whatever is completely changed it seems. It doesnt even look like the stock setup with Phone/Email/Web/Apps buttons on the screen and such. There symbols at the top for battery life and everything are different as well. Are these just widgets or are these different kernels and roms or things like that. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    These are just probably different roms. If they were like widgets or something, trust me i would have those the second they came out. Not roms though, I do not want to screw up my phone because it is my first Android phone.

3. TeyshaBlue

TeyshaBlue Newbie
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    DFW
    You can customize with a different launcher. I use LauncherPro. It has customizeable widget packs. I can also change the amount if widgets per page as well as how many spaces available in my home dock. Pretty cool amd free in the market.

4. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    Wow thats really cool and it actually works! Thank you. I did not want to install another rom ( yet).