• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Q: Data Network and Battery life

Hi,

Want to know if data network mode has any effect on battery. All my emails are configured to pull.. and tried my phone with data network mode off and my phone lasted over 2 days on a single charge, however the same does not seem to happen when the data network mode is on.. can some one please tell me if there is any connection to this.. I get good network coverage area... I know probably this is a silly question, but thought might get clarity on this.

Interesting, but when I look at settings - about phone - battery use, most power is used on display(82%), then wifi(10%), cell standby(6%) and phone idle(2%), no mention of 3g. is there a better app for tracking power?

wifi use is OK for me because I am normally plugged in then

EDIT
setting aeroplane mode at night saves me lots of battery (10-15%), running the phone until dead also helps reported battery longevity

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones