1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Q] Did I brick my Tab?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kmoore11, Aug 26, 2011.

1. kmoore11

kmoore11 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    VA
    I got my Tab 10.1 (32 GB, white, unlocked) yesterday, and loved it. But it is no more. I was trying to get it into bootloader mode, and the two icons that should appear did for a second, then disappeared. It was the last thing I saw on the screen.

I tried plugging it in to my computer and into the wall. I tried holding the power button down for a looooooonnnnnggg time. I tried holding power and volume up, then power and volume down. I tried holding power and touching the screen. The only info I could get out of it was being able to get it into APX mode and trying nvflash. When I got to step 17 of section 2, this is what my computer told me:
    Unfortunately, that makes no sense to me. Is it done for good? Anything I can do to revive it?

Advertisement

2. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    probably the wrong forum for this level of system issue. have you tried XDA?

if you are not able to revive it through the root/ROM guides, then it sounds pretty serious. good luck. hopefully you are still within the exchange period if it comes to that.

3. kmoore11

kmoore11 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    VA
    I posted on XDA too. No responses there. I actually had it less than 24 hours so it's already been sent back for replacement. Just curious though... does anybody know if the reason for bricks are user-created, or are they sometimes just shipped with bad bootloaders?

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Moved to root section.

And honestly XDA is no better a source of info IMHO.

Often times you just get a "read this link noob" to some link which is 6 months and 2 updates out of date and explains half the steps heh.

But it cant hurt to ask multiple places -- not all xda experiences are bad by any means. But it's a different crowd than AF :)

Also if you figure it out post back here :)

5. fafrehugen

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Its not so noob a crowd...

6. fafrehugen

None

Sep 15, 2011
    You can use nvflash+prime to unbrick. Its easy, just check the XDA sticky under development...