• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] Did I brick my Tab?

kmoore11

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
VA
I got my Tab 10.1 (32 GB, white, unlocked) yesterday, and loved it. But it is no more. I was trying to get it into bootloader mode, and the two icons that should appear did for a second, then disappeared. It was the last thing I saw on the screen.

I tried plugging it in to my computer and into the wall. I tried holding the power button down for a looooooonnnnnggg time. I tried holding power and volume up, then power and volume down. I tried holding power and touching the screen. The only info I could get out of it was being able to get it into APX mode and trying nvflash. When I got to step 17 of section 2, this is what my computer told me:
c:\nvflash>nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x037c7107417f60d7
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
download command failed NvError 0x120002
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)
bootloader status: Bct file not found (code: 21) message: flags: 1073840124

Unfortunately, that makes no sense to me. Is it done for good? Anything I can do to revive it?

Moved to root section.

And honestly XDA is no better a source of info IMHO.

Often times you just get a "read this link noob" to some link which is 6 months and 2 updates out of date and explains half the steps heh.

But it cant hurt to ask multiple places -- not all xda experiences are bad by any means. But it's a different crowd than AF :)

Also if you figure it out post back here :)

Upvote 0
I got my Tab 10.1 (32 GB, white, unlocked) yesterday, and loved it. But it is no more. I was trying to get it into bootloader mode, and the two icons that should appear did for a second, then disappeared. It was the last thing I saw on the screen.

I tried plugging it in to my computer and into the wall. I tried holding the power button down for a looooooonnnnnggg time. I tried holding power and volume up, then power and volume down. I tried holding power and touching the screen. The only info I could get out of it was being able to get it into APX mode and trying nvflash. When I got to step 17 of section 2, this is what my computer told me:

Unfortunately, that makes no sense to me. Is it done for good? Anything I can do to revive it?

You can use nvflash+prime to unbrick. Its easy, just check the XDA sticky under development...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones