• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] Flash Player for galaxy tab 2

I went through this all last weekend. I was trying to get my kid's math game (flash web page) to play on Dolphin because I heard Dolphin still supported Flash, if flash was present.

On my Razr MAXX HD, I downloaded and installed Flash, and Dolphin (current version) worked fine on that web page and in settings showed Flash was "on" (or maybe "always on").

On my Samsung Tab2 10.1, I installed the same version of Flash, and the same version of Dolphin was there, but I could never get flash working in Dolphin. It always showed Flash as "always off." It does work fine on the stock Samsung "Internet" browser.

Marc
You can give Boat browser a try. It is quite fast in comparison to the stock browser with flash

Upvote 0
"...Go back in to 'settings - storage - downloads'. In here you should now see the flash you have just downloaded. You need to activate it. click on it and it does it automatically...."

What does this mean I click on Settings > storage > downloads > install_flash_ics_1.apk and get a "Done" top left.

But still does not work in Firefox.

I see I have Jelly Bean does this mean Flash will not work on my Tab 2?

Upvote 0
People.

You have been a fantastic source of detailed information. However, having tried all the suggestions, I cannot get my Tab 2 to install flash successfully. I have tried all the archived versions but although they start to download, within seconds the downloads show as unsuccessful :(:(:(:(

Make sure that you have "unchecked" the download from "unknown sources" box in the security settings of the tab. The Adobe site may be blocked by that setting

Spikes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones