• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] LED notifications

-Where in the Esteem are the LED notifications (RGB) controlled?
-What controls them?

Thanks in advance :cool:
Well, I honestly believe that the Red for charging or almost dead battery MAY be controlled by hardware but I honestly am torn between HW and SW on that one. I will take a peak around for you here soon to see if I cant manage to find it for you.

Reactions: V SuperUser V
Upvote 0
Reactions: asheehanjr
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
k so ur didn't c this part, Android operating system doesn't have a default way to adjust the light's colors and notifications to make it more personalized.

i did...let me put it to you this way, for example when a sms comes in a blue LED lights up, something inside the phone tells the LED blue to turn on when an sms arrives, i want to know what that something is....perhaps there is a way to tell the LED to flash on and off when an sms arrives :D

Reactions: hvrc
Upvote 0
i did...let me put it to you this way, for example when a sms comes in a blue LED lights up, something inside the phone tells the LED blue to turn on when an sms arrives, i want to know what that something is....perhaps there is a way to tell the LED to flash on and off when an sms arrives :D

Don't know if this helps but: Go SMS pro has the option to change the lights under notifications: color and blinking rate

Upvote 0
thanks bro, but im looking for the place inside the phone where Go SMS goes and changes the phone's LEDs

For Go SMS in their permissions list they have:
Hardware controls
record audio
Allows the app to access the audio record path.
change your audio settings
Allows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and routing.

But it doesnt list for changing LED color could that mean it is SW controlled? Also maybe it would be easier to root around through the Go SMS xml or whatever to see if you can find out how it does it...?

Reactions: V SuperUser V
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones