• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] My HTC myTouch keeps rebooting,freezing, no touch?

Ok first off I am new to all of this. This Is my first android smartphone It's a T-Mobile MyTouch 3g. I just bought It off eBay and If I can't fix It then I am out some money PLEASE HELP!!

Have done some reading but can't seem to fix what's going on with this phone . I got It off eBay and the seller said It had problems with the touch screen every so often but other wise worked great In every other way but that Is so so far from the truth.

When you first turn It on It will boot up to the sim pin screen. I have gotten the touch screen to respond long enough to enter my pin once. It will freeze and reboot over and over. The track ball will work once In a while along with the home and back buttons.

I know It's running Superfly TCBY Froyo ROM and I think thats were all the problems are because It does work right every so often so I have been trying to unroot It and put It back to factory rom and settings and start fresh with the hopes that It will fix the problems but the problem now Is when I go into recovery to flash It or make any kinds of changes, It will freeze and reset. I can't even get the recovery menu to work long enough to do anything. Can someone please explain how I can get this phone back to original.

PLEASE HELP

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones