1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support [Q] Problem with computer recognizing phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Default, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Default

Default Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    I recently bricked my phone trying to flash a kernel, and long story short, i think i may have deleted the boot somehow. After much work and eventually buying a download mode jig, it got into download mode.

Now that all that's over, I thought i was home free. But instead, windows wont even recognize the phone is there. No beep, or sound to signify a device has been connected. Is it possible to have accidentally made it impossible for the phone to connect to the PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Granitefalls2

Granitefalls2 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Have you tried everything? I.e. USB debugging or the standard method ect... kinda need more details for me :) and you should search keywords in the xda search engine... that usaully will come up with something like what you are going through :)

3. Default

Default Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Well, its just I really think i messed up when messing around with Clockwork Mod recovery. I think I may have deleted the boot/loader/whatever its called. Now all it does is stay at the ATT boot, and doesnt even do an animation.it just sits there.

I did get into download mode, through the use of a jig, but the computer treats it like nothings there. It charges but will not mount.

4. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Sounds like you might have a bad USB cable or connection. Try another cable, try other USB ports on the computer, also try another computer. All else fails, you could have a bad USB port on the phone. I've seen this happen personally twice, so don't rule it out.