• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q: quickest way to lookup contacts?

now that i've ventured away from the sense UI and rooted/CM6'd my Hero, i'm finding it hard to find contacts easily

in sense, you could start searching for contacts from the phone's dialpad using the T9 system - but that system doesn't exist here

yes, i have some starred contacts - and the phone log "helps"

but i can't star EVERYone (defeats the purpose) and going back through the phone log can be more trouble than just going into contacts and searching

anybody have any better ideas?

On my main screen I just make a folder and then drop shortcuts for my most frequent contacts in it for fast one-click dialing (ok two clicks if you count opening up the folder) without having to scroll thru the long list of contacts in my main phone-book.

yep - i do that too

and i star certain contacts

and i've started to use the voice search - it still takes a long time but its very hands-free and convenient

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones