• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] Ray battery recently shortened and it has also started time travelling

I've got a bit of a problem with my Xperia Ray and despite hours of googling I still can't find a solution so I thought I'd see if you guys could help

Had it for about 6 months now and it worked great up until a couple of weeks ago when suddenly the battery life got way shorter, like I used to be able to get close to 3 days if I didn't do anything but sending messages and using some basic apps and even with pretty heavy use it still lasted well over a day.

Recently though it lasts under 20 hours with absolutely no usage, when I leave the phone overnight it loses about 40% charge when previously the use was under 10 for the same time period and even if its turned off it loses charge at a similar rate.

The other problem that started around the same time was that whenever the phone turns off from lack of charge or I take out the battery the date resets to 6 January 1980 and the phone seems unable to automatically correct it. Previously my phone was able to retain the date even after the battery had run down completly.

The only thing I can think of that changed before the problems started was that I used a solar powered usb charger for a few days because I was tramping but I have no idea what that could have gone wrong or how I could fix it.

I've tried a full factory reset, upgraded the android software to 4.0.4 and used various battery apps to try to find anything that might be using all my battery with no success.

Its driving me crazy so any help would be great.

Also here's a picture of a recent day of usage, except for a short run I didn't use the phone for anything

jZpybCN.png

"The only thing I can think of that changed before the problems started was that I used a solar powered usb charger for a few days because I was tramping but I have no idea what that could have gone wrong or how I could fix it."
i think this is what did it in..... can u get a new battery or borrow one to check??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones