• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] Security Lock Application that I can enable/disable with a widget

soyo

Jan 31, 2012
Hi

Looking to achieve this:

1) No lockscreen on most situations
2) Secure lockscreen when I wish for it (and will enable it manually)

However, I do not want to go to settings and turn the secure lock screen on constantly, as it would be cumbersome. I want to do it in a nicer and cleaner way, namely a widget (well superb solution would be by a toggle button in notification panel, but I guess that's just a dream idea). So I would have a widget on a homescreen that would enable/disable this secure lock screen.

I was looking for some widgets that would set current lockscreen on/off, but after 4.1 or 4.2 it is (seems) impossible if we talk about galaxy s4. So instead I would set no lock screen (with stock settings), and then just enable/disable an external application that would mimick the secure lockscreen itself.

Do any of you know of any app, that has this abbility (most welcome is a widget, but if no app like that, it can as last resort be, a on/off toggle button upon launching the app).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones