1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Q] [SOLVED] Problem with restoring with RUU. Error 131 and 151

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by axxess, Jun 24, 2013.

1. axxess

axxess Lurker

Dear All

My first post here is sadly a problem.
    But I'm a bit desperate.

I need to flash an original RUU on to my device because its going for repairs in 2 days.

I have extracted original-signed-stock boot.img and recovery.img from RUU and flashed

Device model: Z520e/Z520m -> One S S4 (1,5 GHz)

Bootloader is currently: RELOCKED _ TAMPERED

So far i have tried: Mostly I get error 131 and 151
    RUU_Ville_U_HTC_Europe_1.78.401.2_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_258480_signed
    RUU_Ville_U_TMO_DE_1.77.111.5_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_259421_signed
    RUU_Ville_U_Vodafone_CH-DE_1.78.166.2_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_258383_signed
    RUU_Ville_U_Vodafone_AT_1.78.169.2_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_258382_signed
    RUU_Ville_U_Vodafone_UK_1.78.161.2_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_258386_signed
    RUU_Ville_U_O2_UK_1.78.206.4_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_258707_signed

The getvar all output:
    [HIGH] version: 0.5
    version-bootloader: 2.15.0000
    version-baseband: 0.16.31501S.17_2
    version-cpld: None
    version-microp: None
    version-main:
    version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    serialno: HT26JW****
    imei: 3599****
    product: vle
    platform: HBOOT-8960
    modelid: PJ4010000
    cidnum: HTC__102
    battery-status: good
    battery-voltage: 4087mV
    partition-layout: Generic
    security: on
    build-mode: SHIP
    boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    commitno-bootloader: dirty-64bedd38
    hbootpreupdate: 11
    gencheckpt: 0[/HIGH]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi axxess, and welcome to AF.

I don't know this handset, so this is generic HTC advice.

Unless you've modified the cid you need to use an RUU for the same network or region/branding the phone originally had. Otherwise it will refuse to run. It also won't let you downgrade, so RUUs with say older hboot won't run. Probably your errors are due to one or other of these - I don't recall the codes offhand.

In any case, I don't think the RUU will clear the unlock flag, though I'd be happy to be corrected. I think you probably need S-Off to do that.

3. axxess

axxess Lurker

@Hadron
    I have spend more than 24 hours trying to reflash.
    My goal is not to remove the flag. I just need to have original firmware on it.

If i somehow get my One S to be S-OFF and flash RUU.
    Would I have S-ON back ?
    If not can I go back ?

4. Hadron

VIP Member

If it's just to have the original firmware then if you tell us what network you bought it from, or if bought unlocked and SIM-free which country, then somebody should be able to suggest an RUU which will run.

It's better somebody who knows the phone answers more detailed questions.

5. axxess

axxess Lurker

@Hadron
    It is a sim-free device.
    I got it from ebay... I suppose it's form Germany .
    as the CID: HTC__102 refers to that

6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

What network are you currently using? Also since HTC now allows you to unlock the bootloader from htcdev, most people that I've come across haven't had an issue getting service directly from HTC unless it's obvious that you damaged the device by improperly flashing, if it's an obvious hardware failure you shouldn't have any issues because they flash the phone stock to put it in a known state for troubleshooting purposes. What exactly is your issue?
    OB
    P.S. You might need to make a goldcard to get this done, I was forced to do it with my Wildfire a couple of years ago, you can find information on that here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1549636
    Good luck.

axxess likes this.
  7. axxess

axxess Lurker

@OverByter
    I'm Currently on Tele2/TMobile
    I'm sending it for the on/off button.
    It is not responsive most of the time.
    For example I need to push like 10 times to lock/unlock screen.
    This is no way a software issue.

Is goldcard possible as HTC one has no external SD-card ?

8. Hadron

VIP Member

Hmm, I've searched shipped-ROMs and don't see any plausible RUUs you've not tried. 131 seems to be a CID error (wrong RUU for the phone). 151 is odd - that's an image update error, but it seems like that's the one you get if you run the RUU without relocking first, and as you are relocked I don't know why you would see that. If you got that from some RUU before relocking, try that RUU again I guess.

As for goldcards, I think the equivalent here involves S-Off and changing the cid. But as I say, I don't know this handset, so don't feel qualified to advise on stuff like that. You would think this would be possible without.

axxess likes this.
  9. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Sorry was going by my own past experience, should have noticed all of the ville references in the RUU's, you're correct that a goldcard isn't an option for you, did you purchase your device with the bootloader already unlocked? I'm confused,, both the original ville and the ville c2 take micro sims but you stated that your device is sim free, could you please post the model number under the battery and also everything that the bootloader screen says, I've had absolutely no luck with an ruu that matches the information provided.
    OB

10. axxess

axxess Lurker

Sim-free = no simlock
    I have unlocked bootloader myself.. had CM10 on it
    HTCDEV method.

Yes this model has micro-sim.. As far as I know the MicroSD card goes intro the microSD cards lot and not in the micro-sim slot.Correct me if I'm wrong! :?

All the output above (fastboot getvar all) is same if i go into hboot.

The model is Z520e/Z520m -> One S S4 (1,5 GHz)

11. axxess

axxess Lurker

Thread marked as SOLVED.

An XDA member suggested this RUU:

AndroidFiles RUU

It worked like a charm. I suppose it had something to do with the HBOOT version.

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews