• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do You Recommend the ASUS TF700T?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jester92

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
Hey Mr & Ms.Droids,

I am a APP Developer thinking of getting into the Tablet Market and out of the Personal phone Market so I am thinking of trading in my Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE for a Asus Infinity TF700T but First I have a couple of Questions.

1: What type of Screen is the ASUS TF700T running? No website seems to clarify if it is SAMOLED,AMOLED,Pentile,SLCD. etc..

2: What WIFI does the TF700T support is it now 5.2Ghz as the previous successor was only 2.6Ghz

3: I know the TF700T is still Extremely new. but is there any JB ROM's available? or any ROM's at all.

4: I have heard a rumor that TF700T contains a USB port. this any true?

5: If 4 is True, Is it USB 2.0 or 3.0?

6: On Maximum Performance. Say Gaming(OnLive),WIFI,Heavy Netflix,etc.. How long is the battery (expected/guessed) to last?

7: Is the battery removable? If so, Is there or will there be extended battery's available for purchase?

8: What card type does the TF700T support? SDHC/SD/SDXC? and does it only support up to 32GB card or can I boost it with a 64GB or 128GB card?

9: Does the TF700T support Encryption for SD or Internal Natively?

10: How much performance difference in a Non-Tegra Tablet vs a Tegra tablet?

11: How big of a performance difference with Tegra 3 vs Tegra 2?

12: I have had a Dual-Core ARM processor 1.2Ghz phone. How much of a difference will this Processor be being Quad-Core?

13: is the TF700T processor ARM?

14: How much RAM(Not SD Memory!) does the TF700T have? 1GB? 512MB?

15: How good is the Heat dispersal in this Tablet? My Phone at peak of my internet or game usage would be 128'F/53'C.

16: What is the boot-time for the TF700T?

17: How long does it take from Completely Empty Battery to Fully Charged?

18: Are there any Ballistic Cases or Water Resistant Cases (Like Kraken,Trident,Etc..) for Tablets or more specifically for the TF700T?

19: What is the improvement in Gorilla Glass 2 vs The Regular old Gorilla Glass ?

20: Does the TF700T only come in Grey and champagne? Can I get it anywhere in Black?

21: Will the TF700T be getting Jelly Bean anytime soon?

22: Would you recommend this Tablet for a APP Developer?

23: Would you recommend this Tablet at all?

24: What are your Pro's and Con's of this Tablet?

25: Anything I have not mentioned that you think I should know about this Tablet?

26: Should I trade my Galaxy Nexus LTE for the Asus TF700T? (Yes, I know Price Difference)

27: Any places besides Amazon or NewEgg I can buy one of these Beasts?

Thank You for you're answers!
~Jester
ps: I will not tell you what Apps I develop for my own privacy and my Clients. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones