• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] URGENT - SPL 1.33.0013 and 2.22.27.08 radio - safe to flash back to 2.22.23.02 radio?

did you get this worked out Phateless? I saw on xda that you posted that you were running the official OTA with root now after trying that one click root tool? If so, I'd go the same route... can you give me links to the process you used to revert back to stock 1.6, apply the ota 2.2 and then root?

I'm currently running CM6 with a 2.22.23.02 radio, and I'd like to get updated to the newest radio, with official 2.2 and root.

Upvote 0
did you get this worked out Phateless? I saw on xda that you posted that you were running the official OTA with root now after trying that one click root tool? If so, I'd go the same route... can you give me links to the process you used to revert back to stock 1.6, apply the ota 2.2 and then root?

I'm currently running CM6 with a 2.22.23.02 radio, and I'd like to get updated to the newest radio, with official 2.2 and root.

update -- I was able to unroot and update to the OTA Froyo (FRG83B) using this guide: [myTouch 3G] Updated guide to unrooting, installin... - T-Mobile Community

Later I'll try rooting using SuperOneClick: [APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.4 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers.

Yeah I just flashed back to 23.02 and all was well.

It's funny, what you asked for is all in my sig over at XDA. All of it. :D

I'm running ota froyo rooted with superoneclick right now. I overclocked it to 528 min/max and it's good so far. Smooth and stable.

Upvote 0
Yeah I just flashed back to 23.02 and all was well.

It's funny, what you asked for is all in my sig over at XDA. All of it. :D

I'm running ota froyo rooted with superoneclick right now. I overclocked it to 528 min/max and it's good so far. Smooth and stable.

you should try eventually going back to 2.22.27.08. it gives you an extra 15MB of ram.

2.22.27.08 with the official ota 2.2 (not ezterry's version) is running great for me so far.

Upvote 0
you should try eventually going back to 2.22.27.08. it gives you an extra 15MB of ram.

2.22.27.08 with the official ota 2.2 (not ezterry's version) is running great for me so far.

Yeah, that's what I meant and that's what I'm on. I bought the MT4G on Saturday so it's kind of a moot point now, but I have 25 more days to decide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones